Complaint Review: National Association Of Professional Women

www.napw.com Garden City, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 866-5406279
  • Web:
  • Category:

NAPW Scam Review | Complaints INVESTIGATION: NAPW, Matthew Proman members, feel safe confident & secure when doing business with NAPW -- National Association of Professional Women -- and its President, Matt Proman, have implemented a program of awareness, training and oversight to guarantee positive interaction with all prospective members. Garden City, NY
*UPDATE: Rip-off Report Investigation - NAPW recognized by Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service - NAPW pledges to always resolve any issues, feel confident & secure when doing business with NAPW

SPECIAL UPDATE April 4 2011: NAPW - National Association of Professional Women remains committed to 100% customer satisfaction and has drastically improved their business processes over the years to better serve their customers. NAPW - National Association of Professional Women is truly dedicated to making sure ALL customers are happy with their coverage. NAPW - National Association of Professional Women continues to show customer service is of the utmost importance and they currently have no complaints!

To date, NAPW - National Association of Professional Women has addressed and resolved all reported complaints, which have always been resolved to the complete satisfaction of their customers. NAPW - National Association of Professional Women proves to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, as a Verified Safe Business. Over time and since becoming a member, NAPW - National Association of Professional Women has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. Rip-off Report has confirmed that NAPW - National Association of Professional Women is no fraud, is not a scam and is of the highest integrity. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever NAPW - National Association of Professional Women remains committed to customer satisfaction and gets our top Verified Safe endorsement.
 NAPW - National Association of Professional Women is Rip-off Report Verified

Rip-off Report Investigation:

Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to NAPW -- National Association of Professional Women for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service.

Rip-off Reports investigation of NAPW uncovers an ongoing commitment to total member satisfaction. This means that members and prospective members can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. More importantly, NAPW is committed to protecting the value of its memberships by safeguarding its reputation through a guarantee of 100% customer service satsifaction. NAPW has listened carefully to what prospective members are saying, and has created a new, responsive program to ensure that its customer service representatives provide total satisfaction. When a company pledges that your concern will be heard by its highest-level executives, you know it is serious about your satisfaction!

One top executive of the company stated to Rip-off Report that, "NAPW and its President, Matt Proman, understand that the value of its membership is enhanced when the organization's reputation is sound, and, to that end, NAPW has committed to a program of total customer satisfaction. Anyone, whether a member, prospective member, or any other interested person, can have the ear of the company President and General Counsel simply by sending a comment to feedback@napw.com. Commitment of this type is extraordinary in any business, and we chose to take this step to demonstrate to the public our commitment to total satisfaction."

Rip-off Report has confirmed that NAPWs approach to business includes a total customer service quality assessment. The result of which has instilled in the company's customer service representatives a hunger to provide the best possible customer service experience. Rip-off Report was pleased to learn that the company's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client satisfaction.

It is our opinion that members and prospective members can feel confident that membership in NAPW provides the type of professional development opportunities women can use to take the next step in their careers. NAPW has tens of thousands of satisfied members whose professional lives have been enhanced by their membership.

NAPW recognizes that complaints posted on Rip-off Report (true or not) are issues that need to be addressed and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation NAPW has made organizational changes allowing members and prospective members to rest assured that the company is committed to a 100% positive customer service experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with NAPW Senior Management, Rip-off Report is convinced that the company has been and is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about NAPW National Association of Professional Women Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

=====================

National Association Of Professional Women Stay Far Away From the National Association of Professional Women. Their "FREE" Membership Turns Into a High Pressure Sale Garden City New York

A couple months ago I received a card in the mail at my job from the National Association of Professional Women. The card listed my name and title and said that I qualified for a free membership to their organization.

Being naturally skeptical, I logged onto their website. I wanted to check it out because I know nothing in life is free! The website was very slick and professional looking with lots of photographs of members and lots of links with opportunities for professional development, mentoring programs and other benefits. Cool! I thought. I mailed in the reply card with my information and promptly forgot about it!

This morning I got a call from a very nice sounding lady from the National Association of Professional Women. She said she was calling to confirm some details in order to complete my membership application. My antennae went up because I have a built in BS meter. Why did she need to ask me questions and why did it sound like she was in a CALL CENTER??? I kept thinking maybe they would want to sell me some "benefit" for their members. Maybe a AAA membership or magazine subscription. But I didn't want to be rude and she sounded very polite so I answered her questions.

We were on the phone for about 15 minutes as she asked me various questions about my career, education and goals. All the while, she stroked my ego about how accomplished I was and how I was making such a difference in my field and community. Something about how she responded to my answers didn't sound 100% sincere, but I pushed that out of my mind and continued to talk to her.

As the conversation came to an end she started to review the benefits of the organization and inside I silently reprimanded myself for being so skeptical! She let me know that my membership packet would be arriving in the mail with my membership card and other helpful material. Imagine my surprise as she began to review the two levels of membership I "qualified" for. One was $400 and the other one was $600!!! I almost choked!

"I have to pay that now?" I asked. "Duh, yea!" she replied. If I could have reached through the phone and strangled her, she would have been a dead woman.

"Ma'am, I'm not prepared to make a $600 purchase right now over the phone sight unseen," I yelled. "You think I'm going to just whip out my credit card and pay you that over the phone?!"

By this point, I was livid.

"Don't you know who we are?" she asked sarcastically.

"Ma'am, your organization sent a card to my place of work, stating that this membership was free," I shouted." I feel that is very misleading."

"I don't think so," she replied calmly.

At this point I could see that I was not going to get anywhere with this lady. What made this scam even more annoying and conniving was that I don't expect to be targeted and scammed at my job. At home, I'm on high alert for telemarketers and scam artists. I was definitely not ready for this! But there was no way she was going to get $400, $600 or even a dollar from me!

I asked her to take me off their "list" and promptly hung up on her! What a scam! After hanging up, I decided to do another web search. This time I scanned down the results and saw a couple hits from Rip Off Report. Wish I would have done more due diligence before I mailed in that reply card. I could have saved myself 20 minutes of aggravation!

Lizleiba Plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2009 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-Of-Professional-Women/Garden-City-New-York/NAPW-Scam-Review-Complaints-INVESTIGATION-NAPW-Matthew-Proman-members-feel-safe-confi-449901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association Of Professional Women

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC