Complaint Review: National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives

• Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: Richard Meese — Long Beach California
National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
Nationwide USA

National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives NAPSRx CNPR certification is a joke and a ripoff! Washington DC Nationwide

The CNPR certification is a ripoff and the National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Reps does nothing to help potential sales reps get a job.  They take your $250 and do nothing in return except send you to jobsites and pharmaceutical websites.  I took the course in good faith after losing my job.  I could have used that money, but I gave it to NAPSRx because I believed they would help me get a job.  I took the online course and was sent a poorly written and poorly edited course book which purported to make me a certified pharmaceutical sales rep.

After three months of study, I sucessfully passed the online test and was given my certification.  I posted my resume online at their "career center" which is nothing more than hooks into well known drug company websites and was assured that I would find a job quickly.  Despite sending out hundreds of resumes, I have never been granted a single interview by a pharmaceutical company. [continued below]....

.....  I wasted hundreds of hours in composing cover letters explaining my extensive sales background to no avail.  I even complained to the executive director of NAPSRx and was asked to forward my resume to their staff.  They asked me to make some minor corrections which I did.  After doing so, I sent out another hundred resumes and still received no job interviews.

After speaking to other sales reps in the pharmaceutical industry, I learned some hard truths about the pharmaceutical sales industry.  If you are an older professional, like myself, with over twenty years in sales, you are not considered for employment.  This industry hires attractive young women only for new spots and there is immense competition even among experienced reps for fewer and fewer high paying jobs at the larger companies.  If I had known that going in, I never would have wasted my time, energy and money on this worthless designation.  Hundreds of resumes and cover letters and not one interview!  Are you serious?  This is a joke and a ripoff.  If you are older and male, don't waste your time on this ripoff.  Choose another industry and another organization.

I demanded my $250 to be refunded and was refused.  The NAPSRx does not stand behind their service and they will do nothing to help you get interviews.  Steer clear of this con job unless you are a young, good looking woman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-of-Pharmaceutical-Sales-Representatives/nationwide/National-Association-of-Pharmaceutical-Sales-Representatives-NAPSRx-CNPR-certification-is-1134669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives