Complaint Review: National Attorney services

• Updated: Mon, November 07, 2011

• Reported By: Deanna — vallejo California United States of America
National Attorney services
135 s Jackson st #202 Glendale, California United States of America

National Attorney services Threatening, harassing at my Place of emPloyment Glendale, California

I owed for a payday advance as well. I received several threatening phone calls and was told to buy a prepaid credit card and call them back and pay. I called corporate office of California check cashing and made a payment on 10.18.11 and I receive calls from national attorneys still collecting.

Last week I gave them the conf # of payment and was told it was cleared. Then today 11.4.11 I receive a voicemail on my cellphone from a Madison Wells from National Attorney and then she calls my work( after they have been told everyday for 3 weeks not to call) I advise her I paid it and she immediately got rude and wouldn't let me talk, threatening me and saying that I would be served a subpoena. She started saying profanities and insulting me. I told her not to call my work.. Hung up.

She called back to job and started saying something and I hung up.. She called again and asked to speak to HR dept and I told her no and hung up. She called right back and pretended to make an appt at my job( work at a doctors office) I knew it was her and asked for her name and she gave a fake name and I asked reason for appt and she said a check up( my doctor is a workers' comp doctor and does evaluations only) advised her not to call again and this was harassment.. Hung up again , she called again and said i was rude and wanted to speak to my boss.. Huh!? I spoke with manager at corporate for check cashing company and said was going to call collection agency and confirm in fact it was paid in full.

This collection agency has lost their mine! I filed a complaint with the FTC and BBB. My next step is the attorney generals office. I just wanted to let ya know you aren't alone . I can't believe this company is still in practice.. They have clearly violated several laws in the debt collection act.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Attorney-services/Glendale-California-/National-Attorney-services-Threatening-harassing-at-my-Place-of-emPloyment-Glendale-Cal-795761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Attorney services