Complaint Review: National Audit Defense Network

• Submitted: Tue, September 23, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, September 23, 2003

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
National Audit Defense Network
4330 S. Valley View Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

National Audit Defense Network, NADN Fraudulent, Deceptive, Bank Account Theft Las Vegas Nevada

After having IRS concerns that I admit are my own fault, I was told about National Audit Defense Network. After listening to the pitch I was convinced that these people really cared and could help me with the "Bad Guy IRS". I gave them permission to take from my checking account $1000.00 as a down payment for the $1800.00 program, after explaining to them that because of corporate downsizing I did not have a lot of money and needed some time to secure the rest of the funds.

Less than 24 hours later I was called by one of the "tax consulatants" trying to sell me a program that for $2500.00 down and another $7500.00 over 10 years, they could set up a web based business that would save me thousands of dollars in taxes. Again I explained that I did not have the money.

I did not hear from them again until almost 30 days later when without permission they took from my check account another $800.00 to pay the balance of what I had agreed. I contacted my bank immediately and was credited the $800.00 to my account.

I was given 45 days to cancel the program because I traveled for business and spent most of my time away from home. Well within that 45 days, I called, sent a Registered letter canceling the program and requested a full refund. After almost 30 days of a runaround I was told that I had to send the "Kit" back before they would approve a refund. I sent back the unopened "Kit".

They claim to have gotten the kit 1 week later that UPS shows that it was signed for and then told me it would be 1-20 days after they received the kit for my refund to be sent.

The refund process started on the 15th of May 2003 and it is now the 23rd of September and I still have not received my guaranteed refund. I call often only to be told "it is in process" if I get to talk with anyone at all.

Glynn Zell who is suppose to be the Customer Service Director, Evy, who was the person to give me my "Refund Authorization Number" and Adam Mangabang, the person that is checking on things regarding my refund, I am beginning to believe are fictitious people because although I am told they will return my call because they are out of the office, I have yet to receive a call unless someone is trying to sell me another tax saving scham.

I have written to the Arizona Attorney General and the Nevada Attorney General without success. I thought dealing with the IRS was a nightmare, they have been very reasonable. Dealing with the National Audit Defense Network is one's worst nightmare and puts all the horror stories about the IRS on the fairytale list.

Brian
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2003 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Audit-Defense-Network/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89104/National-Audit-Defense-Network-NADN-Fraudulent-Deceptive-Bank-Account-Theft-Las-Vegas-N-67403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Audit Defense Network