Complaint Review: National Awards Commission - NAC - National Headquarters And Identification Center

• Submitted: Tue, October 18, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2005

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
PO Box 34692 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

National Awards Commission - NAC - National Headquarters And Identification Center seem to have never intended to be honest, but rather deceiving, fradulent, misrepresent, and basically steal, ripoff. Kansas City Missouri

A very official looking letter, with a gold seal and all; a sweet coating to make the reader to want to just hand over $11.89. "IF" the "confirmed" and "verified" number that you have is the "winning number" .... hmmm

I guess "IF" my number is drawn, then what are the confirming and verifying about the number that I have before the drawing? So I read the letter over again... and they did confirm that it is an "opportunity", 1 in 300 million I believe, and that it is 'Verified'.. Although they did not commit to what or who exactly verified, but they sure did place those key words in gramatically confusing places.

Initially, I was very excited and ready to sign and send the check just like other victims. Then my sister called just as excited as I was. Wow, she happened to have won the same NAC's Million dollar sweepstakes as I thought I just did, and all she had to do was to send a check for "$11.89 required to confirm the delivery request of this premium offer when returning the enclosed form".

Whole lotta confusing and misleading words for "please buy our coupon books". I later found out that their "$11.89 required for premium acquisition" meant "if" we wanted a book of worthless coupons from a company that shows no means of contact other than the PO Box number. No Phone, No Fax, No web or Physical address, and a 3rd class postage due return envelope to process what they claimed to be a time sensitive, urgent response. Things just didn't add up well together.

I was fortunate to have found myself feeling suspicious enough to surf, but cannot help myself but to think about those "less fortunate" others who may have been suckered into this scheme.

So instead of sending NAC the check, I decided to send mine to the Katrina relief efforts. Thanks to the alliance members of ripoffreport.com.

Ken
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2005 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Awards-Commission-NAC-National-Headquarters-And-Identification-Center/Kansas-City-Missouri-64116/National-Awards-Commission-NAC-National-Headquarters-And-Identification-Center-seem-to-161201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Awards Commission - NAC - National Headquarters And Identification Center