Complaint Review: National Car Rental

• Submitted: Mon, April 24, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 25, 2006

• Reported By:Plymouth Minnesota
National Car Rental
600 Terminal Drive Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Vanguard Car Rental USA ripoff charges more for same car for emerald club members Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Just a few pointers for you.

National Car rental company charges different rates for the same cars & same time periods for 'regular' customers and Emerald Aisle members.

I made a reservation on-line as a 'regular' customer and then called to add my emerald club number. They told me they can, but will have to increase my rate. Of course, being $$ saving consumer I am, I told them not to proceed and kept my rate I got on-line. I did attempt the same thing on-line, as soon as I add my emerald club number, the rate for the same car goes up. I believe it was 10-15 extra per day.

As I know that most of the emerald aisle members are business users, they are automatically forced to pay extra $$. Must amount to huge extra income for the company. Just does not seem right!

Plymouth, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Car-Rental/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33315/Vanguard-Car-Rental-USA-ripoff-charges-more-for-same-car-for-emerald-club-members-Fort-Lau-188398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Car Rental

Just a few pointers for you.

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

When a reservation has been made and a Emerald club number needs to be added to it, as long as NO ADDTIONAL CHANGES are made to the reservation, we will honor the same rate!
I also went online to try to find the issue you were talking about with the rates since I too am a Emerald Club member. The difference in rate was approx. $17 better WITH my Emerald club number then without!!

Your Emerald Club number is tied to your profile that contains the rate that was established for you when you became an Emerald Club member. Many times your rate includes any coverages that have been specified by your contract. When you click on the "Emerald Club Rates and Reservations" text link, you enter the Emerald Club path that automatically quotes the rate that is associated with your Emerald Club number.

Coupons or other discounts that you may enter during the online reservation process take precedence over your Emerald Club profile. In this case, therefore, the rate quoted will reflect the coupon or discount rather than your Emerald Club rate.

Sometimes a general rate may be better than the Emerald Club rate because of the multitude and combination of product specials and promotions that National offers across the globe.

If you want you can call the internet support desk at 1-888-501-9010 or you can call customer service at 1-800-468-3334.

Also another tip, when calling the reservations regular number 1-800-227-7368 number and you feel like you are not getting the answer you feel is right or your not comfortable with, please ask to speak to a supervisor who will be more the happy to explain things in greater detail with you!

I hope your next experience with National is a great one!