Complaint Review: National City Bank

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 05, 2009

• Reported By:South Bay Florida
National City Bank
900 South Main Street BelleGlade, Florida U.S.A.

National City Bank RIPPED ME OFF Belle Glade Florida

I banked with National City when it was called Fidelity Federal Bank. The service was fine until about two weeks ago when a unauthorized debit card transaction was posted to my account. The amount was foe more than $1,000.00 and I filed the affidavit and was told that the process would take 7 to 10 days.

The part that I could not understand was that the bank called the creditor who was debiting my account and verified that the charges were unauthorized. I did not understand why I still had to wait. All of my monthly income was goig direct deposit to the bank and my entire checking and savings was taken and I was charge over $900.00. Once my next payroll hit all of my money was taken and I still have not gotten this situated yet.

The bank was unsympathetic and were unconcerned that I had no other source of income and was the single parent of four children. I have since then stopped all of my direct deposit and I am waiting on my money to be refunded before I close my account. What saddens me is that none of this was my fault; however, I am being penalized for something that I did not do.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A BANK THAT CARES ABOUT T'S CUSTOMERS, NATIONAL CITY IS NOT THE BANK FOR YOU.

My friend banks with Bank of America and he went through a smilar ordeal. They refunded all of his money the same day and told him that if the investigation revealed that the charges were his fault, then they would take the money back from his account. This really showed that the bank cared about him, how he would survive, and that he was satisfied with his banking experiences. National City showed no regard for me, my family, or my money. If you can bank with some one else, do because National City is not compassionate at all with their customers.

Keisha
South Bay, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-Bank/BelleGlade-Florida-33430/National-City-Bank-RIPPED-ME-OFF-Belle-Glade-Florida-449035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank