Complaint Review: National City Bank

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

National City Bank Fraudulent overdraft charges Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Whose fault?

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel you

*Consumer Comment: .....

This company overcharged my account with overdraft fees by taking items that were already posted and placing them in pending. I was short $1.20 for another item and they went back into my account and took out the most expensive items and placed them in pending, causing me to be charged with four overdraft fees. This is illegal and I do not know how they get away with it. They have done this to me before and I didn't think I could do anything about it but I am not giving up this time because I know they are doing this to everyone in my same situation.

stacy
St. Clairsville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-Bank/Cleveland-Ohio/National-City-Bank-Fraudulent-overdraft-charges-Cleveland-Ohio-449443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank

Whose fault?

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

"I was short $1.20 for another item"

That, Tony, is the very definition of the user being at fault.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I feel you

AUTHOR: Tony M. - (U.S.A.)

I feel your pain.Had the same thing happen to me. Good luck ever getting that hell hole scam bank to correct THEIR errors. I am dealing with an error on NCB's part right now and they are refusing to drop the over drafts and something that went through 2 times in a 2 week period for no reason what so ever! Yes, the money was there. They have more complaints then most banks because of their illegal,YES,ILLEGAL, preditory practices. If I were you.I'd file a complaint with the federal trade commission,local media and your state attorney generals office. You'll never find 1 single friendly helpful person at NCB. They will call you 4 or 5 times a day. Hope all works out for you!

P.S. To the people that always like to say it's a consumers fault on here,GROW UP and investigate the amount of complaints National City has against it online then come back and act high and mighty.

.....

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it illegal. You cant tell me that the way they assign OD fees is different for you than it is for anyone else. You are not any more special than the next person.