Complaint Review: National City Bank

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2009

• Reported By:Hamtramck Michigan
National City Bank
Hamtramck Hamtramck, Michigan U.S.A.

National City Bank overdraft rip off and rude office manager 48212 hamtramck Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Oh, that's pretty much the way it has been

*Consumer Comment: Not fair

*UPDATE Employee: Floating transactions.

I had a huge problem with that bank, starting yesterday. We deposited check (payroll) just like every two weeks on saturday. Because of a holiday I was not able to get any money till today, but that I could live through. What happened, bank charged us 9(!) times, $34 each, that gives us $306 overdraft fees, because some of the transactions we made during the weekend. That were trans. worth $5 or $10 each. Looks like my husband had a burger that was worth $40!!!

The office manager that I talked to today, sorry, tried to talk to, was horrible.

She was not happy starting with that she had to talk to me. Then she just said that it is not a bank's fault, and there is nothing that she can do. When I asked her if she can explain this to me, she showed me a booklet that you get, when you're opening an account,with the words " It's all in here, you can read it".

When I asked about branch manager, he of course was not available, but I insisted to leave a message for him. After that I asked the lady to make sure he's gonna call me back. All she had to say is that she'll give him a message but she is not sure if he's going to call me back.

I am absolutely disgusted by what happened today.
I have absolutely no idea how to deal with them any more.

Paulina
Hamtramck, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-Bank/Hamtramck-Michigan-48212/National-City-Bank-overdraft-rip-off-and-rude-office-manager-48212-hamtramck-Michigan-381405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank

Oh, that's pretty much the way it has been

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

throughout the history of banking.

Not fair

AUTHOR: Kswv - (U.S.A.)

That doesn't seem right to me. You deposited money before you made the transactions... but the money you deposited didn't go through but the purchases did? That may be the way they do it but it doesn't seem fair.

Floating transactions.

AUTHOR: Abigail - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, holiday or not, you swiped that card up a storm before you made a deposit. That's called "floating". It's illegal and yes, you will be charged for it.