Complaint Review: National City Bank

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:Wintersville Ohio
National City Bank
839 Refugee Road Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A.

National City Bank The loan officer was deceptive, dishonest, sneaky, non professional Pickerington Ohio

Dear Ripoff,
I needed to borrow $20,000.00 to start a business and called am American Morgage company I found in the yellow pages. The clerk suggested I consolidate my six different creditors which I thought might be a good idea.

At the closing at National City Bank the pages the loan officer was holding were shaking and I became suspicious that something might no be honest I ask twice if everything was ok and both gentelmen answered yes both times.

I wondered as I sat there why I wasn't given a paper listing my accounts and being told how much the loan was for. I was given a $50,000.00 line of credit plus $10,000.00 or so I suppose to anti up the amount of the loan.

I learned after hearing on the news that the interest rate had gone down and anyone with a loan should refinance, after going to another loan company and being asked where my paper work was and telling him they never gave me any, he told me to go to National City Bank and ask for them that is when I learned I had been charged $10,000.00 closing cost and the interest on the loan was at 10%.

The house that I owned free and clear that I wanted to borrow the $20,000.00 against to start a soap business after they got through I owed $107,000.00 and now at 69 years old I still owe $90,000.00 and my only income is social security at $1,300.00 a month isn't enough for me to pay the $915.00 morgage and buy food or pay my utilities.

I have been angry since 2002 when I was treated so unjusyly and I want to get some sort of satisfaction from the bank.

If at the closing I was told I was charged $10,000.00 closing cost and the loan at 10% interest I would have told them on thanks I don't need the loan that much but this is exactly why I decieved and this information was withheld.

Thank you.

Florence p
Wintersville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-Bank/Pickerington-Ohio-43147/National-City-Bank-The-loan-officer-was-deceptive-dishonest-sneaky-non-professional-Pic-455419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank