Complaint Review: National City Bank/PNC Bank

• Submitted: Wed, June 17, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 17, 2009

• Reported By:elyria Ohio
National City Bank/PNC Bank
onlinebanking@nationalcity.com Elyria, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 440-323-3391
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

National City Bank/PNC Bank/Saul Ramos/Robin Grady/Patrik Hartley poor customer service/ treatment/ overdraft fees/ recurring overdraft fees/robbery/idiots Elyria/Cleveland Ohio

National City Bank tops my poor customer service list. I was a customer in good standing with this bank for 7 years. I have never had an overdraft. I always use the ATM for convenience sake but had to return personal checks that were wrong. The office I went to told me they could not do it there and asked me to go across town. (so much for convenience.) I let it slide. Next I went to the closest office to cash a check for $75.00 that my husband signed over to me. I had plenty of money to cover the check should it come back. They would not even deposit it to my account. Husband went to cash a check that was drawn on them and they would not cash it because he did not have a deposit account there. (Guess it doesn't matter that he owns IRA accounts there.) Again, The check was drawn on them! Called the manager, Saul, and he was totally clueless as are most of the other people I dealt with there. They are like robots that can only do what they are told. Anyway, I closed my accounts and transferred everything to a community bank. What a breath of fresh air. (First Place Bank for those of you in the Cleveland Area.) Anyway, an automatic charge did not get stopped in time and created my very first overdraft. I deposited to cover the check and pleaded for the fee to be refunded. They told me absolutely not. It was not their fault. I explained that I understood that but they did not care. Not only that but they are tacking on money everyday that I don't pay the overdraft. There is nothing I can do but let as many people as I know read about my experience with them. PLEASE DON'T BANK WITH NATIONAL CITY/PNC BANK.

Janebug712
elyria, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2009 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-City-BankPNC-Bank/Elyria-Ohio-44035/National-City-BankPNC-BankSaul-RamosRobin-GradyPatrik-Hartley-poor-customer-service-t-462246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National City Bank/PNC Bank