Complaint Review: National Collector's Mint, Inc.,

• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 05, 2010

• Reported By: RIGI DERM — ROLLING HILLS ESTATES California United States of America
National Collector's Mint, Inc.,
8 Slater Street, Port Chester, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 800-452-4381
  • Web:
  • Category:

National Collector's Mint, Inc., Barry M. Goldwater, Jr. I received a very late order four weeks, the company charged my American Express $253.42, four weeks later I received the gold and silver coins, I found out it was not solid and silver, they were fake Port Chester, New York

*Consumer Comment: Seriously?

I ordered the gold and silver coins from their advertisement, the company did not said whether they are really solid gold and silver. They charged my american Express Credit Card for $253.45, I waited more than four weeks. When I received the package and found out the coins were fakes electroplate. I cant even make profits. I am very despearate and disappointed. I would never order from them again no more. I called american express company to demand a full refund. I already filled out the complain against the company. They should go out of business instead selling too many fake gold and silver. No GOOD BUSINESS AT ALL.

THANK YOU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 12:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Collectors-Mint-Inc/Port-Chester-New-York-10573/National-Collectors-Mint-Inc-Barry-M-Goldwater-Jr-I-received-a-very-late-order-four-564814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Collector's Mint, Inc.,

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"the company did not said whether they are really solid gold and silver."

So, you just assumed that you were getting real gold and silver coins for $250?  Does that make sense to you?

While I personally don't see why anyone would buy an electroplated replica coin, I've seen this company's ads and they do state clearly that the replica gold coin is plated with 31mg of gold.  That should tell you all you need to know.