Complaint Review: National Collector's Mint

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 16, 2009

• Reported By:Hamlet Indiana
National Collector's Mint
8 Slater Street Port Chester, New York U.S.A.

National Collector's Mint WTC commemorative coin replica of a $20.00 bill is nothing but a sliver piece of cardboard. I could not believe my eyes when I saw this ripoff. West HavenPort Chester New York

*UPDATE Employee: National Collector's Mint's 9/11 Commemoratives

It is totally unbelievable and outrageous how a company known as "National Collectors Mint" could be such a ripoff. When I received this piece of silver cardboard I was shocked. I purchased this for my son-in-law for his birthday, thinking it was a coin and I am totally ashamed to give it him. Also, why does it say "Republic of Liberia" on it. Is there someone in Africa benefitting from this sale. Also, do any of the 9/11 victims familes receive even a nickel of this ripoff. What a shame we cannot trust someone using the name "National Collectors Mint." This is definetly not a collectors item. They charged me $4.95 for shipping this and it could have fit in a number 10 envelope and cost 42 cents for mailing. So, I'm out $24.95 ($20.00) for the cardboard and $4.95 for shipping. It would only cost me the 42 cents to mail it back, but I'm sure if they are scam artists like this, I will not get my money back. To be perfectly honest, I almost want to wipe there buts with it, it's that cheap. I will always look up ripoffreports.com before purchasing any TV ad items again.

Judy
Hamlet, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Collectors-Mint/Port-Chester-New-York-10573/National-Collectors-Mint-WTC-commemorative-coin-replica-of-a-2000-bill-is-nothing-but-a-372552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Collector's Mint

National Collector's Mint's 9/11 Commemoratives

AUTHOR: National Collector's Mint Inc. - (U.S.A.)

Here at the National Collectors Mint we pride ourselves on the commemoratives we issue, allowing our customers to obtain their own little piece of history, whether its a replica of a numismatic item which is very difficult or impossible to obtain or an original item produced with a special component, such as in this case and authorized by an independent entity.

Our 9/11 Commemoratives are created with the purest of intentions, we never want to forget what happened to the thousands of innocent victims and to those who tried valiantly to save them and were also tragically lost. This is all done out of respect and honor.

The 9/11 Silver Leaf Coin Certificates have been authorized by the Republic of Liberia after an agreement has been reached with a mutual intention of commemorating the horrible event.

We do appreciate thisinquiry and are most happy and proud to be able to say that thanks to customers purchases of our many 9/11 commemoratives, we have donated over $2 million to various 9/11 charities such as the United Ways September 11th Fund, the Firefighters Widow and Childrens Fund, the Bear Search and Rescue Fund, etc..

For additional information or assistance, please feel free to contact us toll free at 1-800-452-4381.