Complaint Review: National Collector's Mint

• Updated: Thu, September 22, 2011

• Reported By: Danielle Rosario — Rochester New York United States of America
National Collector's Mint
32 Railroad Avenue West Haven, Connecticut United States of America

National Collector's Mint NCM Processing Center I bought 5 coins that are worth nothing, they are fake. (5th Anniversary WTC Commemorative) West Haven, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Doubtful on a refund

*Consumer Comment: Which is more disgusting?

I purchased 5-5th Anniversary WTC Commemorative Coins from an ad I seen on TV, from the National Collector's Mint.  I purchased them on 08/21/2006, my order number was 1902165, my customer number was 1138211, and my reference number was 557.  I paid with a credit card and the total purchase was $180.90, which I still have all paper work.

They protrayed these as something of value and a great investment.  I recently inquired about the value of them, to only find out that they are worth nothing.  I became upset over this,  because I can not believe these people can go on TV, and scam people in to believing they are purchasing something of value.  Not only that, but a commemorative coin that symbolizes such a horrific tragedy against Americans.  I also felt good, that they were suppose to be donating some of the money to the 9/11 families, which I am not sure even happened.  I would like to know how I can go about getting my money back on these coins?  I am so disgusted over this whole situation,  that I was scammed by this people.  How are these people still selling these coins and anything else they have?  Thank you for listening and I hope you can help me settle this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2011 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Collectors-Mint/West-Haven-Connecticut-06516/National-Collectors-Mint-NCM-Processing-Center-I-bought-5-coins-that-are-worth-nothing-t-779883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Collector's Mint

Doubtful on a refund

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Its been 5 years, I doubt there's any way to get your money back on them. Here is their return policy:

"We Unconditionally Guarantee Your Satisfaction.

You can order with confidence from National Collectors Mint because all of your purchases are fully protected by our 30-day solid gold money-back guarantee!

If for any reason youre not 100% delighted with anything you buy simply return it within 30 days, via insured mail, for a prompt exchange or refund your choice!

Once again, thank you for choosing National Collectors Mint as your source for quality coins,commemoratives and collectibles.  "

I"m also not sure how you came to the conclusion they are worthless. They are made of 24k gold and .999 pure silver. That would give them value just on the metal used to make them. Also, as a collector's item they have value. That all depends on how in demand they are and how rare they are. They sell them as collector's items, not as US currency. It if states on their website that the coins have no monetary value.

Which is more disgusting?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

A company that is selling "Commemorative Coins" to try and profit off of a tragic event, or the person who bought these coins and is upset that they can't profit off of the same event because the coins have no "Investment Value".

Just something to think about.