Complaint Review: National Collector's Mint

• Submitted: Sat, May 16, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 16, 2009

• Reported By:Colmesneil Texas
National Collector's Mint
32 Railroad Ave West Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.

National Collectors Mint Outright lies. shipment arrived short 10 uncirculated morgan silver dollar(cost-$540); NCM claims they were shipped by package weight. West Haven Connecticut

January 19, 2008 I ordered 5 morgan silver dollars ($111.50), 1 BU silver eagle dollar ($27.95)and 10 uncirculated silvers dollars ($540). NCM collected the total of $679.45 from my Master Card. When the shipment arrived in February 2008, the 10 uncirculated morgan silver dollars were not in the box and the box did not appear to be tampered with and was well sealed with tape. I called NCM at their 800 number and told them about the shortage and was told by a female imployee that the 10 coins in question were of high quality and may take some to to collect for shipment but would be sent as soon as they were available. When I received the short shipment, the receipt listed a full shipment and the certificates a authentation were in the box but no uncirculated morgans were present. I (stupidly) agreed to wait for the rest of my order. It never came. During the next year I had serious medical complications with the amputation of my right leg, I was pretty well tied up with appointments and therapy since I live in a rural area and was required to do a lot of traveling. When I realized I had never received the remainder of my shipment I again contacted NCM in February 2009 and was told that they were shipped with the original shipment in February 2008. NCM claimed they had no record of my phone call in February 2008 (even though they record the phone calls). They claim that the package was weighed when shiped and this proves the shipment was complete. In doing so; they question my integrety and I will not stand for it. My credit score is 856 and it did'nt get there by dishonesty! NCM has ripped me off for $540 dollars, in the future (If I order anything alse through the mail) I will have the postmaster witness the opening of any shipments to varify the contents match the shipping order.

Papamike
Colmesneil, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Collectors-Mint/West-Haven-Connecticut-06516/National-Collectors-Mint-Outright-lies-shipment-arrived-short-10-uncirculated-morgan-silv-452478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Collector's Mint