Complaint Review: National Collectors Mint

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:byesville Ohio
National Collectors Mint
911twenty.com West Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.

National Collectors Mint I ordered ONE of the $20 certificates, and they charged my crdit card over $200!! I have left this copmpany SEVERAL messages and sent numerous emails, they have yet to reply West Haven Connecticut

Rip-off of the month
National Collectors Mint
Locations in NYC and New Haven CT, and others unknown

Have you ever seen the commercials on TV for the 911 "silver $20 bills"? Great investment, right?
Maybe, we will never know that for sure but I can tell you this:

The first of August I went online to order one of these "certificates" for my sons birthday. I figured it would be a great investment and something he could save. Even if it didn't go up in value, it would be something nice to have.

After ordering my item and giving them my credit card information, I was taken to page after page after page after page...... asking if I wanted additional items. (like those surveys that claim you have won something and are never ending, "you're almost done!") I kept clicking "no" "continue"

When I FINALLY got to the last page which doubled as my invoice, my total was over $200! There was no way to go back and change this. When I clicked the "back" button, the site had vanished. I immediately called the 800 number listed for customer service. I could never get a live person (surprise surprise), So I left SEVERAL voice messages stating I wanted to cancel my order. I also sent SEVERAL emails.

I never got a return call or email, I did get one of those do not reply emails confirming the order. After 3 weeks I assumed they got one of my several messages and canceled the order.

To my surprise, I got my statement and they had billed me. 2 days later their JUNK arrived. I immediately called the other 800 number listed. I GOT A LIVE PERSON! But, surprise surprise, she could only help me order additional items, to report problems I would need to call the number where I had already left several messages.

I disputed charges on my card and reported the business to the Better Business Bureau. I have yet to hear from this company. I went to the post office to send it back, it cost almost $20 to do so.

SO needless to say it was sent COD. We'll see if they pay for the junk they charge everyone such high prices for.

Angie
byesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Collectors-Mint/West-Haven-Connecticut/National-Collectors-Mint-I-ordered-ONE-of-the-20-certificates-and-they-charged-my-crdit-369765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Collectors Mint