Complaint Review: National Companies - Team National

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: VLR — Cookeville Tennessee United States of America
National Companies - Team National
8210 W. State Rd. 84 Davie, Florida United States of America

National Companies - Team National Beware of This Company and Their Savings Scam Davie, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Team National is Awesome!

*Consumer Comment: I love Team National

*General Comment: my thoughts...

*Consumer Comment: No hype about team national

*Consumer Comment: When Ignorance Hurts

*Consumer Comment: So sorry for your circumstances

*Consumer Comment: Absolutely happy with Team National!

*Consumer Comment: Team National has saved me time and money!

*Consumer Comment: Loss for words

*Consumer Comment: I was sucked in believing

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ALL things considerd...

*Consumer Comment: Happy Team National Member

*General Comment: People who don't make it in Team National are just plain lazy

*Consumer Comment: failure is forwarded by those who fail

*Consumer Comment: Big Rip-off

Sadly, I am another victim of this multi-level marketing savings scam.  In January, I was sucked in believing that that a membership in this organization would soon pay for itself and I could also use this as a second source of income by inviting my friends and acquaintences to join also.

I was never verbally told I had three days in which to change my mind.  Unfortunately, I signed a contract in which it stated I had been told.  However, I did not know this either because I never received a copy of the contract.  I did call the person which signed me up and told him within two days that I had changed my mind and wanted out and still he did not tell me I had the legal right to change my mind.  They were very kind and reassuring and promised to work with me and were going to help me make lots of money.

When being introduced to this business venture,  they tell you all the great examples of all the money you are going to save.  However it isn't until after you have signed a contract and given up your money, that you will receive a package in the mail with your identification number.   Once you have your number, you may log into the system on the internet, and actually find out what is available and what your actual savings will be.  In my case, this arrived 10 to 12 days afterward.

After gaining access, I spent many hours surfing and studying.  I needed to be sold on this and have my own great examples of savings if I were going to go out and ask my friends to join.   I can not and will not sell something I do not believe in myself.  For me, the savings did not exist.   If you are in the market to buy an entire house of furniture, you might be able to save.  However by the time you pay shipping,  if you waited for a sale and bought locally, you would come out cheaper.  I shopped for a new mattress.  There was no savings for me by purchasing with my great, new savings plan.   I got quotes for car insurance.  It was higher.  I got a quote for my homeowners insurance which was coming due,  the cheapest one was $400 higher than what I had.   I checked on the possibility of leasing a van for a family vacation so we could all go in one vehicle instead of driving separately.  It was cheaper through my Sam's club membership.  I could not find one example in which I was going to save money with my $2,195.00 savings plan.

Having been widowed at a young age with two children to raise on my own, money was always short and hard to come by.  I did not even have the money for this venture so I used the only money I had in savings, and financed the rest.  I paid $895.00 up front and financed the balance at $75.72 per month.  When realizing what a scam this company was.  I was sick.  I called the Team National company, explained my situation and told the man which answered the phone, I wanted to end the membership and would like my money back.   "No problem", he replied.  "Just put your request in writing and mail or fax it." I opted to fax and he gave me the number to fax it.

After faxing, I waited about two weeks for a reply of some kind.  When there was none, I called again.   This time I was told the request had never been received and it should have been sent a specific person and I was given her name and fax number. I faxed the documents again and this time followed up with a phone call to be sure it had been received.   I was unable to talk to a human body and had to leave a voice message.   I continued to call and fax dailey hoping that if I made enough noise, eventually someone would acknowledge.   Eventually they did, and I missed the call.  A voice message was left telling me they were crediting the money back to my account but to please call.  Again, I called and left messages for days.    After two more weeks, no money had ever been credited to my account or no call had ever been returned.   After I spent almost two months calling and faxing,  I finally did recevie a call telling me ," Oh I'm sorry there is separate set of forms that must be filled out for refunds after the 3 day grace period has passed and each case will be considered on an individual basis."

I completed all the documents and faxed them once again but this time I also sent them certified mail.  I learned last week that my money is not going to be refunded.  However, they downgraded my membership to a regular two year and are not requiring me to pay the 75.72 per month.  I also finally receved the money the promised to credit back to my account, $75.72 the cost of the first month's payment. A regular two month membership is $795.00.   I paid $895.00.

It should be illegal to sell memberships into a savings club in which an individual can not know what the savings will be until after the date to withdraw has expried and they receive a membership number by mail to access the internet to find out.  After the fact, not before.  Do not buy into this scam.  It is just another multi-level marketing, pyramid scheme, being operated under the pretense of Christian people who prey upon other Christians.  By having their recruiting meetings in local churches, they lead people to believe it is a venture in which God will bless and lure people into a false sense of trust. Do not let this scheme into your churches, do not buy this savings scam, and do not betray your friends by asking them to buy in.

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE,   if it sounds too good to be true, it always is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Companies-Team-National/Davie-Florida-33324/National-Companies-Team-National-Beware-of-This-Company-and-Their-Savings-Scam-Davie-F-596273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Companies - Team National

Team National is Awesome!

AUTHOR: Regina - (USA)

Team National is a great company. It is what you make of it and if you don't make the effort you can't expect much. Anyone that has signed a contract knows you have 3 days to back out. I have saved thousands using TN and the only way you don't save and get your money back is not use it. I have saved on everything from household products to travel expenses and I'm making money at the same time! Oh and regardless of the 3 days opt out you can cancel at any time.

I love Team National

AUTHOR: Irene - (USA)

First of all it is not a multi level it is unlimited depth. When my husband & I signed on about a month ago there was no pressure. The savings are real everything they told us is true! I am so thankful for Team National. It is a phenomenal company! If you don't succeed with Team National it's simply because you didn't want to! Don't blame the company for your own short comings!

#3 General Comment

my thoughts...

AUTHOR: average_dude - (USA)

As a non-member reading this it sounds to me like you could not
make any money or save any money.I did the math in my head and
your complaint is silly. I find it hard to believe that in a 4
year period that you could not save at least your $2100 initial
investment-much less your whole lifetime.If you are the type of person
who spends time looking
for coupons on the internet, then of course this is not the only
way to save, however it is one of the ways to save. The other ways
are free-true. This is not free. In my experience if I want to use
the internets coupons I cannot get my veterans discounts. The stores
make me choose one or the other. With TN the stores add the verterans
discount to their discount. Do the math-the savings are better through
TN in most cases. For non-veterans they should still be able to save
over a perieod of 4 years-especially their lifetime. Most internet coupons
are only for items no one typically wants. that is why they offer the coupon.
Let's say it is a pyramid scheme to put you at ease. The way to
make money is clearly stated in the siminars. They state that
the real money comes when you recruit other people. If you are honest with your
friends before they sign up, then they have no reason to be angry with you unless
they are "not smart" people.
To say they were "deseptive from the beginning" makes me think you are not a
very credible source. Do you have a crystal ball? What you should have stated
is that you felt that they were deseptive and then gave an example of how you
arrived at this conclusion.
Rule #1 of investing is not to throw all of your money into 1 investment.
If you did that you cant blame someone else for your bad dicision. If you
dont have the money to lose, then why on earth did you lay it all on the line?
I may join. I haven't decided if it is for me yet, but if it's not for me I
won't blame TN.

No hype about team national

AUTHOR: Katarina F. - (USA)

I am a webdesign and photography business owner and a memebr of Team NAtional for over a year, www.Trueustudio.com &  kfiphotography.com.

First let me say, if something did not work for you, get help from the people in the company or whoever signed you on.

Personally and professionally I have gained so much through this company, I could write pages. I am sorry that some people have not fully understood all aspects of the Memebership Service availible to them.

Facts for my business experience: Throught the marketing platform for our business, this first year we have already recieved over $25,000 new revenue into our company. Which is is 2 times more than my 3 years combined in other business networks. We have also had significant savings in our overhead expenses, with other professionals as well as supplies and merchant processing. And the other caviat, Team NAtional members have been awesome clients.

Amazed to see people seeing this as a scam.

As a consumer:

Saved over $2000 in various areas: Household goods, cell phone service,nothing major that we needed at this point, biggest item was $180 savings on tires that also ended up being better. ANd I did my due diligence and compared prices, and in most cases did find better prices/savings. What ended up a bonus, is that since I was saving on average more, instead of searching hrs for trying to pershpas $10. Time is money in my case. Also we saved already significantly on an hiring professionals through the network: ELectrician, accountant and insurance broker who got us better insurance and saved us $250 on our policy because of the extra effort she put in for us. We soon have to buy some furniture and figured out that I will be saving a few thousand dollars on that stuff. If you use the areas of of savings, I am living proof that you can save money. It is important whoever sign a new member on to show them the ropes as there is so much to utelize. And, there will certainly be instances you may find a better deal, that is also the nature of the competetive world of money.

On the income part:

Understanding Network maketing and the power of that business model with a good company, this is the best part.

To be able to have your own business, that you can build over time, where you get paid helping other people make and save money.  they are willing to work and be professional, that does not exsist outside of this industry. Yes, in the past and perhpas present, there have been not so good companies.

This is the only model of a reverse pyramid. Every other business is a pyramid and has a glass ceiling. Here anyone and everyone can make more thatn the person "above" them if they are willing to work. Practically in no other place can an employee surpass the income of the CEO or boss. And it is unlimeted how much you can earn,if it is $40,000.00 more in income or $100,000.00 or more, totally up to you, but you have to learn how it works and be ethical hard working person.

You will have imense time freedom once you have build your business.

Sorry for anyone that did not get introduced correctly, got some hype or does not know how to utelize all. Of course nothing is perfect. Team National is always working on smoothing out bumps.

Sum it up: Best investment I ever made as a business owner and consumer, and now residual income earner with lots of satisfaction.

It is better than i thought to be true.

When Ignorance Hurts

AUTHOR: MyOwnGirl - ()

As a business woman, I looked at TN after six months of saying "no" based upon experience with direct marketing years ago. No one was more surprised than me when I paid for the lifetime membership to cover myself and my son and his young family.

The guy that presented was nice, passionate and easily ran through the 'script' you might say, but I didn't need him to make the decision. The business model of direct marketing is sound as a whole, although those who carry the banner don't always do so honorably or ethically. Neither do the sales forces on your typical auto lot, electronics store, appliance center or cable customer service reps. Yet, we still buy cars, new TV's and computers, refrigerators and washers, and (Lord help us), cable or DirectTV.

The difference with TN is there's no product to hype or convince someone to purchase. You buy what you've always bought for your household and family, and those occassional big items that you need or want, and you save when you do ...as does every member of your family, including adult children who now have families of their own.

That's the pitch. No more, no less. If you think you should get rich quick, good luck. For most of us, knowing that we'll build something (perhaps slower than many) substantial over time, and in the meanwhile, help other families who also could use a break, that's enough. We begin by giving, not getting.

Warren Buffet owns two network marketing companies, and in fact, tried to buy TN? I don't think every international business magazine, television network or business/corporate industry leader would hold such a man (one of the world's richest) in such high esteme were he nothing but a pyrimid-building scammer! Remember, he's also giving his wealth away, not leaving it to his children! Oh, on that note, remember that you can actually will your TN business to your kids or another ...how many MLMs can say that!

I wonder, how many years must a direct marketing company excell with the highest ratings in all national consumer agencies, while also being debt free, family owned and now ranking 37th globally out of tens of thousands of companies before the word pyrimid and scam show themselves as pure nonsense and ignorance?

I wonder how many more (in addition to the near 300 currently participating) national retail/service companies like ATT, Home Depot, Sears, Macy's, Nordstroms, Walmart, Met Life, First National Bank (one of the only banks to turn down the bail out money!) and others will have to come on board to convince some that these folks don't lend their name and participation in scams and pyrimids?

Why would Success From Home magazine (part of the recognized authority of the Success Magazine family) feature a scammer company 5 times, this October being just the latest? Were they paid off, don't give a crap about families trying to better themselves, or are they getting a cut in the game? Or do they simply stake their readership and following on the fact that they only bring their readers the best of opportunities available with records to support their claims?

How about Aetna (insurance)? Aetna's dental discount program through TN is incredible. While most have medical insurance benefits covered through their employer, dental is hardly a standard and can cost individuals like me and most families more than they can afford. Personally, I was going to have to travel to the University of San Francisco to have two implants done by residents at their dental school because that was the only way I could afford the otherwise $3000+ each costs, which are reduced in half (on avg) through the school. Multiple appoints driving over 5 hours each! Through TN's unlimited (no annual limits) discount program with Aetna, which nearly all dental practices accept, the cost is 50-60% less per implant (avg is $1600) and everything is done by my personal -- and trusted -- dentist. That's a savings of more than my cost of lifetime membership in one, single shot, and put an additional $1000 back in my pocket!

Through Sears Commercial (a huge TN savings program for Kenmore appliances, riding lawnmowers and more) I got a savings of nearly $1500 on their most expensive washer/dryer set that retailed at $2589 (my price was $1130!) on Sear.com. And for the record, the same front loader set was available at both Best Buy and Home Depot for the same retail price -- within dollars of the $2589 price, so the retail price at Sears.com was pretty standard.

Its been 10 months and two conventions, which I attended to meet the real driving force behind TN -- the people from every day lives -- and for the most part here's what I've learned. They've saved money for their families (some modest and some in huge ways depending on their personal use of the beneifts), they've helped businesses grow organically on the business exchange, and they've helped to drive money that would normally be spent on commercials and ads -- Fox, CBS, MSNBC and in print newspapers around the country for advertising -- into the pockets of families instead. They chose to pay families and individuals through word-of-mouth as their advertising platform rather than a more corporate avenue.

Jeez, a business model that delivers equal or more savings power than the average coupon or sale price, while also putting money back into the pockets of families. A business model that neither requires monthly purchases (or yearly for that matter), or requires you to ever referr anyone if you choose not to ...what a scam, right?

I live at Costco, but call TN my 'other Costco' because I get Costco-like (or greater) savings on everything I can't get there at the store. And I can honestly say that if I had a friend who wanted new furniture before that family holiday dinner, or had a kid who needed braces -- heck, mulitple kids who needed clothes and other back to school supplies, and I never told them about what they could save now ...and for a lifetime ...including their kid's lifetimes, well, I'd say I was a scam of a friend. I would be at the top of their friend pyrimid, just taking and never giving back when I had the chance.

If they choose not to take advantage of the membership opportunity -- for savings or to earn some $ for next year's vacation, their college fund or retirement -- that's 100% their choice and I don't bat an eye, nor does it in any way affect our friendship. My success (or failure) is never put on my family or friends, nor do I consider their lack of 'willingness to buy' a membership a reflection on that relationship or their trust in me.  But I'm darn straight going to at least tell them and feel really, really great about it.

TN isn't perfect and try as any large company does, sometimes people fail to get things handled on the first go when someone needs assistance. But it's been my experience that they do try and if policies need to be changed to make things better, that's exactly what they do. Just like any other large company. Not everyone at Home Depot gives 100% to your satisfaction, nor at Walmart, Sears or any other retailer. We've all said, "I need to speak to your supervisor!" at least once in our lives. What distinguishes most is when they make a valid effort to correct any mistake and eagerly work to prevent it from happening again. That, TN does in spades.

That you, poster, neither read contracts or were more familiar with what you bought before your purchase is on you. That you still have an opportunity to recover your expense -- by actually using the savings platform -- speaks again to the difference in TN from any other product driven direct marketing firm. There is no risk, nothing to buy outside of what you already purchase or need.

What you call a scam, I call a blessing, and in that, I suggest you've been foolish not once, but twice! Good luck with that.

So sorry for your circumstances

AUTHOR: vickidee - ()

I am a teacher in a small Texas town and I shop online on a regular basis. I have four grown children and 11 grandchildren that are covered by my premium membership. I am so sorry for your circumstances. I cannot imagine being a single mother these days. But the savings are real. I just saved 200.00 per month on my health insurance. (2400.00 yr) I save 50 per month on my electric bill (600.00 per year). Your children are young but trust me you will need beds, bikes and clothes and cars and athletic clothes and shoes forever until they are out on their own. I bought a memory foam bed with cooling gels that retailed for  4500.00 and has a 20 year warranty for 1298.00 plus a $100 shipping. (Saved 2400.00 on one purchase) I received a quote on our new Toyota and will save 6000.00 on my purchase.   I get 15% savings on my tax preparation and attorney because they are on the TN Business exchange.

I get commissions back on my toilet paper and discounts on sea world and Texas Ranger tickets. I save far above my 2195.00 every year. My children use it as well as my 79 year old mother who shops on her iphone and shares the business opportunity with others. My children and grandchildren will be using the benefits long after I'm dead and gone and they will have never paid a dime. There are so many ways to save. While you still have it, look it over. You might as well get some use out of it. Whoever was your host did not know how to help you get the best understanding of what Team National offers. As far as the reduction of your contract to a 2 yr package.  You have three days to get out and get a 100% refund. Anything after that is "a gift" from the company outside of the legal contract we all sign on the disclosure policy form. I encourage you to get with someone who actually knows the benefits of Team national to explain them to you. You're leaving a lot of money on the table. At least get your money back by saving on your electric bill or phone service.  Black Friday is just around the corner too.

Absolutely happy with Team National!

AUTHOR: Lynn D. - ()

You have a couple of examples where you didn't save money with this company.  I can give you many more where I did save money and people I know saved money - my friend priced furniture at a local furniture store and saved over $3000 buying the same exact furniture through Team National (same brand and everything.) At least Team National allowed you to stop making monthly payments, that sounds like a legitimate response to your complaint.  There are 20 different industries that give you discounts with this company - jewelry, furniture, insurance (Met Life just came on board), mortgage companies, credit card processing, etc etc. Most people will save money if they actually try. This company has been in business almost 20 years and is associated with companies like Sears, HOme Depot, Target, Met Life. It is NOT a scam.

Team National has saved me time and money!

AUTHOR: vickidee - ()

I usually don't respond to negative rubbish but I would love to sing the praises of Team National.  I was a Texas high school science teacher and adjunct teacher for a technical college when I was introduced to this company. I have always been an online shopper because I lived in a small town. I get commissions back on every purchase I make from stores we all shop at anyway. I get commissions back on everything from toilet paper to electronics to contacts. These stores have excellent corporate attorneys who have looked over the contracts and National Companies have contracts with 2 large well - known banks as well as over 200+ major stores. TN even has its own co-branded credit card provided by one of the only banks in the nation that is family-owned and didn't take bailout money. I bought a premium$2195 packet because it provided savings for my 79- year-old mom who has a background in clinical pathology and shops on her iphone and my four very successful children.

I purchased a memory foam bed that retails for $4500 for $1500 delivered to my house. I bought a $900 table for $ 300 and I will save 6000 on my new SUV.save 18% on my wireless plan and $50 a month in my electric bill. I have no idea how anyone could miss out on savings if they are living and breathing on planet earth. I share my savings with other folks who need to save money too and we are all saving and making money. Everybody wants to save money and earn money, but no one wants to do business with negative people who are unwilling to work on their own habits and personal growth. I am proud of being affiliated with TN and I am blessed so much by this company, that I have been able to quit my job and be a full - time grandmother to my 11 grandchildren. The list of goods and services continues to grow and I will continue to help folks utilize this great plan. Check out their official website and decide for yourself.Thanks TN for all you do for us !!!

Loss for words

AUTHOR: B4What - ()

Hey do you even know what a pyramid represents because from reading your dislike it's rather obvious you are clueless.

All humans operate within a pyramid from the way your describing in your post, but Pyramids have nothing to do with the business world or MLM as many think from someone drawing an example script that resembles a pyramid.  It is not a pyramid, repeat so it sinks in your brain wrinkles and fluids - It "isn't" a pyramid, it is an illustration that looks like the ancient pyramid, but it is called a "graph".  The Pyramind was used in the 1920' during the Stock Market Margin Calls, and it made many folks like Standard Oil and Rockfellars very rich in a short period until the markets came crashing downward.  In 1934, the U.S. Federal Reserve had Congress to pass a Bill that would place Pyramind methods illegal for business purposes in trading securities.  That is why you hear Pyramids are illegal in this country, it does not mean just because someone draws a pyramid to illustrate what if's that it is a pyramid.   If someone drew a picture of a horse than it would be called "horse trading" or legal terminology - "Arms Length".  Both are very much legal, illustrations and graphs are very much legal, what is illegal is for someone to slander or defame another based solely on "hearsay", and make one out to be a rodent because something did not go just exactly your way - That my friend is called Simple Economics or Business, nobody said all of life was a bed of soft cotton and smell of fresh roses.

Even Jesus found that out during his travel days when he could not find the express coach, do you think he called the coach-line a scam or rip off.  Nope, he called it having patience.

I was sucked in believing

AUTHOR: B4What - ()

I don't believe any jurors would believe your story as you posted herein. Usage of your negative words could land you in a lawsuit, not the company you "think" ripped you off.  Where do people in this world get the ideal if a business is not operating to their demands and wants than it is either a rip off, scam or worst word that only dummies use - Pyramid.

I really don't think many folks made it past the 4th grade in school, but will use the excuse "I have kids".  So What!  Does anyone think they will stop a war because may be one of the soldiers has kids. Wake Up - Listen to yourself rant.

In the United States of America we have rules of law called Federal Rules of Evidence (F.R.E.), U.S. Code, States Codes such as Tennessee Code in your case, Tennessee Rules of Civil Procedures and so forth.  In Putnam County Tennessee you have your Courthouse, Clerks office and Judge of Probate and of course City of Cookeville.  All these books, locations and employees herein will tell anyone all businesses operating in Tennessee or U.S. must have a license to operate, many must post a bond and carry insurance, which makes them legal.  No company anywhere if operating within these laws is a scam or pyramid if they were they would not be in business.  You failed your duties to research this company, you told in your report their location, did it every occur to you to check them out before sending anyone any money.  Did you not read the contractual agreement before signing your name, and did you not check out the person who brought you on board so to speak; if not, they it is your own fault you did not make any money or save anything, not Team National or anyone else you care to blame.  This company is huge, Walmart is huge but people still call them operating a scam - Yea Right!  Learn to ask questions sure make your life much easier.

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ALL things considerd...

AUTHOR: antichristnot - ()

All things considered, the negative comments are understandable. The network of companies is a most serious co-op if you know about computers and such, which can save you serious money with all the services, but Team National is a business for serious entrepreneurs to pay their bills, or put your children through school etc.

My journey is for hospital bills and back taxes to try to stay out of trouble with Uncle Sam. Please pray for me. Thanks.

Happy Team National Member

AUTHOR: Maureen - ()

I am thrilled with this company.  I did my research after attending a presentation. A+ rating with the BBB, Member of the DSA and D&B.  My favorite part of the company is the Business exchange for local businesses.  There is nothing like supporting local businesses.  I have saved more than my membership cost  on things like coffee, carpet cleaning, electrical work, airline tickets,  and thousands on a used vehicle.  I invested in a LIFETIME membership and the value continues to grow.  The membership also covers my parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren and my business and 5 key employees.    My parents love their membership because it cost them nothing because they are covered by mine.  I don't understand how people can call TEAM National a scam.  Would Target, Home Depot, Hertz, or Wells Fargo among many other companies be associated with a scam? I save money on things I would be spending money on anyway! I have earned more money then I ever would have earned teaching and now I get to volunteer in my local schools and help teachers. I was a teacher for 22 years and I never made more than my principal or superintendent.  I get paid for the effort I put into sharing a savings membership, however, I make a lot more than my friends sharing costco and SAM'S CLUB memberships.

I understand the power of group buying power, supporting small business and factory direct pricing and I love getting paid commissions on the purchases I make shopping using ship to store ant Home Depot and Sears On the marketplace.  I am sorry there are people who do not understand how this savings and earnings program works. I have been truly blessed to be a member and even more blessed to understand the benefits owning a home based business.  If you ever feel you have been ripped off with the lifetime membership you need to continue to research the benefits and ask one of the excited people you met at a presentation tomhelp you save or build a business.  Five star rating from a happy customer who understNds the direct selling industry.

#13 General Comment