Complaint Review: National Congress Of Employers

• Submitted: Sat, January 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:New York New York
National Congress Of Employers
100 Garden City Plaza, Suite 102 Garden City, New York U.S.A.

National Congress Of Employers health insurance company fraud, I paid $344, but never received my policy. Garden City New York

*Consumer Comment: National Congress of Employers-Fraud!!! My 15 month-old daughter is UNDERINSURED, and cannot get vaccinations!!

I signed up with this insurance agency several months ago, National Congress of Employers for plan called PPO Multiplan. My coverage was supposed to start December 1, 2008. I was charged premium $344 on November 5. I have never received any insurance cards, or emails or any mail, or any correspondence. I got very suspicious, called 5 times and every time got the same answer, someone will get back to you, but nobody did.

I'm trying to see if I can get my money back. I thought I would find their website to see if I could get more info but the website doesn't exist!! And instead I found a lot of rip-off reports of people having the same issues as I am. Can somebody help me or point me in the right direction. How do they get away with this.

Ida
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Congress-Of-Employers/Garden-City-New-York-11530/National-Congress-Of-Employers-health-insurance-company-fraud-I-paid-344-but-never-rece-407511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Congress Of Employers

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

I signed up for a policy with the National Congress of Employers last May, 2008. I am currently paying $399.50/month for coverage for myself and my now 15 month-old daughter. I was just notified by my pediatrician that NONE of her vaccinations have been covered since my policy has commenced with NCE as of May 2008. The pediatrician too, is now just receiving word from the insurance company that they are denying all claims from May 2008, and not covering any of her vaccinations. My pediatrician informed me that if they had known that the first 1 or 2 claims for vaccinations would have been denied in a more timely manner, I could have applied for the Vaccine for Children's Program, which is offered by NYS, that allows for underinsured children to receive their necessary innoculations. Now it is too late since the doctor has already given her the shots, and I must pay for the fees out of pocket; approximately $300. This plan also only covers "1 annual visit" for a child. An infant up until 2 years of age visits the doctor monthly, bi-monthly, and then every 3 months! How could an insurance company only allow ONE yearly visit for a baby??? I am paying $400 a month out of my pocket, and I am barely covered. The insurance company is very hard to reach, and only gives you the run-around. I just emailed my broker, and I am hoping to get some sort of response. However, I am sure they are going to tell me that vaccines are just plain "not covered", and I will be liable for the charges. Help!