Complaint Review: National Consumer Marketing - American Historic Society

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 21, 2007

• Reported By:Bronson Florida
National Consumer Marketing - American Historic Society
Box 9225, Dept Certig Central Islip, New York U.S.A.

National Consumer Marketing - American Historic Society These dirty theives are taking money from my bank account without my perrmission Central Islip New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: *sigh*

Myself as a coin collector found a add in the Sunday Paper stating i could get a Pound of Rare, old Lincoln Wheat Pennies for free by paying $4.95 shipping and handling. Me, like a dummy called these idiots and gave them my bank card number and ordered them, (Thinking they were a reputable company.) The very same day my Bank Card had 6 charges on it totaling $56.00. I Immediatly got on the phone and called them but all i get when i call is Either a busy signal (All weekend) or "This call could not be completed as dialed." Now I found all the other folks on here that were Ripped off by these same Goons. These people are causing me a lot of grief as I have to cancel a card that I have had for 15 years because of them. I really wish I could find out their adress so I could drive 1,300 miles to visit them. I hope we can file a class action Law suit and rid the rest of society of these worthless citizens. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING NOTHING FROM THEM......................

Chris
Bronson, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Consumer-Marketing-American-Historic-Society/Central-Islip-New-York-11722/National-Consumer-Marketing-American-Historic-Society-These-dirty-theives-are-taking-mon-274030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Consumer Marketing - American Historic Society

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

*sigh*

AUTHOR: Megan - (U.S.A.)

Myself as a coin collector found a add in the Sunday Paper stating i could get a Pound of Rare, old Lincoln Wheat Pennies for free by paying $4.95 shipping and handling. Me, like a dummy called these idiots and gave them my bank card number and ordered them, (Thinking they were a reputable company.) The very same day my Bank Card had 6 charges on it totaling $56.00. I Immediatly got on the phone and called them but all i get when i call is Either a busy signal (All weekend) or 'This call could not be completed as dialed.' Now I found all the other folks on here that were Ripped off by these same Goons. These people are causing me a lot of grief as I have to cancel a card that I have had for 15 years because of them. I really wish I could find out their adress so I could drive 1,300 miles to visit them. I hope we can file a class action Law suit and rid the rest of society of these worthless citizens. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING NOTHING FROM THEM......................

Before you order anything that involves giving out credit/bank card information, you should always do research on who you're giving it too. That's just common sense.

Also, it's against the law to put anything on the order without the person's permission. The company has an extremely strict policy on it, which does not relent, the people who were working there when you ordered, wouldn't add anything to it that wasn't agreed to. and there's someone who listens to the call afterwards to make sure it's legit. Not only that, but they have to confirm it and receive a specific "yes" or "no" to it before they can move on. Unfortunately, the customers have a tendency to not really listen before agreeing to something. Which could possibly be the case with your situation.

As for the busy signal, it's true. The company can take over a thousand calls a day. Sometimes it was over two thousand. as for the couldn't be completed thing.. probably a missdial on your part.

Canceling a card shouldn't be that much grief, you can get a new one and use that for the next 15 years. Problem solved.

As for the driving 1,300 miles, it'd be pointless on your end. The company has closed it's doors. You can, but it'd do as much good as trying to get something for free.

as for the worthless citizens, the people who worked there, are some of the most amazing and wonderful people and are in no way worthless. Just simply doing their job, which is to take the order that you made the decision to call and make and hand over personal information. It's not their fault people don't pay attention.