Complaint Review: National Consumer Marketing

• Submitted: Sat, October 13, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 14, 2007

• Reported By:rockford Illinois
National Consumer Marketing
889 Waverly Avenue Central Islip, New York U.S.A.

National Consumer Marketing The company kept my money after coins were returned. Central Islip New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They have closed their doors

I enrolled in their coin approval program received 4 coins each for 2 programs. 2 were mine to keep. The coins were in poor condition so I returned the 2 worst ones of each set. I was only refunded for 2 of the 4 coins. Apparently the free coins were specific ones. I returned those, rec'd 2 free ones back but no refund. They claimed that the 2 coins I had returned the 2nd time were the same ones as the replacements they shipped (I used the envelope that they had mailed them in so they probably looked at the label instead of actually looking at the coins) After a lengthy argument of the coins I still had and the ones that were returned they agreed to refund the 19.95 for the 2 coins. I rec'd a postcard that the add'l would be refunded but I have not rec'd it (It has been several months) and the phone #'s no longer work. The 8 coins cost 4.95 each to ship originally, I was charged 19.95 for each of the 4 approval coins. I paid postage to return the 4 coins from the approval program and postage to return the 2 additional coins.

Steve
rockford, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2007 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Consumer-Marketing/Central-Islip-New-York-11722/National-Consumer-Marketing-The-company-kept-my-money-after-coins-were-returned-Central-I-278606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Consumer Marketing

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They have closed their doors

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this company for this company as a telemarketer for three years. I stopped working there about this time last year. My best friend still worked there all the way up until about a month and a half ago.

They closed the doors. That is the reason none of the numbers are working anymore. Bankruptcy was the reason manegement gave the sales force. My buddy is still getting unemployment right now.

I have no idea if or how they are going to honor all of the customers who were under renewal programs who prepaid in advance or people who were due refunds. My friend said they still owe the sales reps some money also.