Complaint Review: National Consumer Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2007

• Reported By:OFallon Missouri
National Consumer Marketing
87 Dewey Avenue Warwick, Rhode Island U.S.A.

National Consumer Marketing - The Royal Collection - The America Historic Society - American Family Fraudulent Advertising, Dishonest, Did not disclose the full terms, Ripoff Warwick Rhode Island

Please pass the word around that this company is a scam. I called them from a newspaper ad in the Parade. I received my "FREE" ring for 4.95 postage plus in a seperate shipment, one other ring to inspect for $39.99 and another "FREE" ring to keep.

There was postage and handling on each of the three rings 3.95, 6.99 & 6.99! Plus the 39.99. This was all previously charged to my credit card long before I received any shipment.

When reading a letter that came with my order I discovered that this was a "club" whereas I would receive automatic shipments immediately billed to my credit card including $6.99 postage. I was never told this information when placing my order for the "FREE" ring. I immediately called to cancel.

I just received another shipment and was told when I called to complain that this was shipped out 20 days ago (sometime before I cancelled) and that I would be responsible for the 6.99 shipping and the return shipping cost. So there is another $39.99 & 6.99 on my credit card. And will I ever get the credit for $79.98 for the rings and will they try and tell me that they never received the return shipment?

I imagine they will be in business for a long time since they will just change the name when they get found out.

Please be careful. I learned the hard way.

Carol
OFallon, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2007 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Consumer-Marketing/Warwick-Rhode-Island-02886/National-Consumer-Marketing-The-Royal-Collection-The-America-Historic-Society-Americ-246278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Consumer Marketing