• Report: #212041

• Submitted: Thu, September 21, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Stone Mountain Georgia
National Credit Acceptance
1731 Howe Ave #254 Sacramento, California U.S.A.

National Credit Acceptance ripoff Sacramento California

*Consumer Comment: They don't play fair

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Truth about NCA Financial

An overpayment was sent in error to NCA and they will not give me my refund.

I refinanced my home and NCA was paid off. During the time of refinancing a settlement, agreement (in writing) was agreed for $12,500.00 on a $17,400 debt. My new mortgage company sent the entire amount in error.
I have tried to get the mortgage company to get the refund, but they have weisled their way out of the responsibility.

What can I do to get my money back? I have written demand letters w/certified returns. I have contacted the courts in Sacramento, but I have no way of getting the necessary forms. During my research I did locate another contact name for NCA; J Pugh - Agent For Service. / Corp #: C1995744

Please Advise,

Rachel
Stone Mountain, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2006 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Credit-Acceptance/Sacramento-California-95825/National-Credit-Acceptance-ripoff-Sacramento-California-212041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Credit Acceptance

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

J Pugh is NCA's in-house counsel - he won't help you (nor do you want to deal with him). Your best bet is to find an attorney or file a small claims case.

They don't play fair

AUTHOR: Terri - (U.S.A.)

I, myself have not been pursued by NCA, but my mother has. My mother moved here to Wisconsin from California 2 years ago. She was here for a couple months before "I" started getting calls looking for her(we do not even share the same last name). I dont know how they found me or how they knew we were related.

I gave them her new number not knowing who they were, but they never called her. They called me again & would not tell me who they were. They also asked me alot of personal questions like who our landlord is, where our building is located...

I told the lady it was not her business, that this call sounded "fishy". She claimed she was in "shipping" & had a package to send her. I again asked what company she was working for & she would not tell me. I hung up on her.

Last May, she received a letter saying that they were taking her to court. They hired a lawyer here in Wisconsin to represent them(which I think is not legal seeing as they do not have a license in this state). We disputed the charge because we were told the judgement would be made that day with no answers to our questions, so we went to court again.

This time, they hired another lawyer from our town here & he was alot nicer. We got to talk to him before court, he didn't understand why they were pursuing this, either. We got our judgement that day & thought it was all over.

Well, they called again 1 month later asking her how she was going to pay it. She told them the same thing she had been telling them the whole time...she is handicapped, under the poverty level & has no assets.

They keep calling her every month. I am afraid they will never leave her alone, this is causing way too much stress on her & messing with her health. These people NEED to be caught & punished.

I am happy to hear from an "ex-employee", it's good to hear it from someone on the "inside"... thank you. I am working on getting my mother to make her own Ripoff Report...

Terri
Washburn, Wisconsin

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Truth about NCA Financial

AUTHOR: Ex Employee - (U.S.A.)

Its very sad what happened it your case. As an ex-employee I've seen worse. In order for you to get your money back you neeed to sue them. The address you have as 1731 Howe Ave is a mail drop box. Their physical address is 9738 Lincoln Village Dr Sacramento, CA. In order for you to sue them you would need this address for them to be served. Let me tell you that alot of people have been taken advantaged by this company. They rush and get a judgement agianst anyone for twice the amount that is owned and then collect assest, do wage garnishments, and take money from your account without you even knowing what is happening. There are several law suits from ex-employees, to people such as yourself. My ex-boss was fired while on disability. She is now sueing them. The whole company is corrupt. They break every FDCPA law there is. If you ever want to see your money agian you must sue. Calling them, writing letters will do nothing. They don't care (meaning the President Michael), and will do nothing for you. Anyone thinkng about working for this company should think twice. They will tell you to break the law, and if you don't they will fire you. It's really a shame that they did this to you, but its more commen than you think. Take action, and you will come out on top. Good luck.