Complaint Review: National Credit Adjusters

• Submitted: Mon, January 18, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 19, 2010

• Reported By: Connie — Wisconsin U.S.A.
National Credit Adjusters
PO Box 3023 Hutchinson, Kansas United States of America

National Credit Adjusters Advance America Coming after us for a debt that isn't ours! Individual has same first and last name but different middle name and DOB...doesn't seem to matter to them Hutchinson, Kansas

Last summer (2009),  We kept getting phone calls from a collection agency for someone that was not in our household...nor any type of relation....I then received a notice in the mail on 6/24/09 from National Credit Adjusters about I debt that we owed from "Advance America" in the amount of $879.00.  The problem with that is two-fold.  #1 We have never been to an "Advance America" and more importantly #2, The person responsible for this debt according to THEM has a different middle name and date of birth.  I called the number listed on the notice and was told that they would take care of this mistake right away.  Well, SEVERAL months went by and we hadn't heard anything, so I thought all was well, when I started receiving phone calls from them again, which we ignored.  I then sent them a letter(11-11-09) reinterating that they had the wrong person....and again gave them my husband's middle name and DOB which is completely different from the debtor they were looking for.  I did some "digging" on my own, and found out that the person that they are supposed to be collecting this debt from is incarcerated.  I provided them with the last known addresses that I could find according to the Court records online.  Again, nothing for awhile...then nearly two months after that (Jan 14, 2010) I received yet another letter....this one claiming that they (National Credit Adjusters) were enclosing the information that i had requested in my November 23, 2009 letter (HUH??) and they had copies of his PERSONAL information...his original contract with Advance America with his Drivers License#, and EVEN his Social Security # ....along with all the other personal information!!  For one thing....I am appalled that they are targeting us STILL after all this time (and if our credit gets ruined....I assure you.....I will SUE them) but sending out this guys personal information to the wrong party (knowingly in my opinion....because I had proved to them 3 times already that we were not who they were looking for) is down right fraudulent business practice....if not illegal.

Any suggestions on what I can do????????????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Credit-Adjusters/Hutchinson-Kansas-67504/National-Credit-Adjusters-Advance-America-Coming-after-us-for-a-debt-that-isnt-ours-Ind-556567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Credit Adjusters