Complaint Review: National Credit Solutions

• Submitted: Mon, January 31, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 04, 2011

• Reported By: WendyAB — Rainier Oregon United States of America
National Credit Solutions

National Credit Solutions Report a Collection to my Credit Report in which I was never contacted that they thought I owed debt Internet

National Credit Solutions put a collection of $156.71 onto my credit report (via Trans Union) that I did not accrue. (I was alerted by an Experian company alert service I paid for.)

They said that Credit Collection Services hired them to collect on a debt they bought from Hollywood Video for late charges I supposed had accrued in 2009.

I only rented a few movies from Hollywood Video and returned them on time. I specifically remember driving into the next state to return (making my husband drive as I was injured and making a big deal about having to return them on time, since I usually used Netflix and didn't have to worry about that.)

Hollywood Video, Credit Collection Services, nor National Credit Solutions had ever contacted me by mail or otherwise stating they were charging me for late fees. They just put it on my credit report.

In doing research, I have noted that this is a widespread problem.

I have written NCS disputing the debt, and also the FTC, my state's AG, the BBB, a local TV News station.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2011 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Credit-Solutions/internet/National-Credit-Solutions-Report-a-Collection-to-my-Credit-Report-in-which-I-was-never-co-689171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Credit Solutions