notable

• Submitted: Fri, July 25, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 25, 2008

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
National Credit Systems
3800 Camp Creek Parkway SW110 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

National Credit Systems Rude, Arrogant, and completely incompetant rippoff artists Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: You Don't Have to Prove Anything to Them...

We were contacted by phone by this "company," who informed us that we had moved from our apartment without paying our utility bills. We informed them that not only had we payed our utility bills, we had never even moved and still lived in the same apartment. They refused to believe us, and demanded our credit card information, with the threat that if we wouldn't give it, we were "refusing to pay" and would be reported to the credit bureaus (which they did). They have left up to three messages per day on our voice mail, demanding not only our credit card numbers, but also our "new address" and refuse to believe otherwise.

Our apartment manager says she can't do anything because they never report us late at all (besides, we've lived in the same apartment for 6 years). Their representative repeatedly is rude, yells at me, and hangs up on me. My wife asked for their address, and she too was yelled at and hung up on.

When I call National Credit Systems and ask for a manager or supervisor, I am told that there are none there. I called and asked for the name and address of their registered agent for service of process, and one person told me they didn't have one (?!), and another person refused to tell me who it was.

I am told that if I prove to them that I don't owe them any money, they will close the account, but since I NEVER owed them any money, how do I go about that? They won't tell me that.

This company should be shut down at the very least, and more likely prosecuted for a variety of violations.

Al
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2008 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Credit-Systems/Atlanta-Georgia/National-Credit-Systems-Rude-Arrogant-and-completely-incompetant-rippoff-artists-Atlanta-355622. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Credit Systems

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You Don't Have to Prove Anything to Them...

AUTHOR: Noir - (U.S.A.)

...it is actually a reverse situation -- they have to prove that you owe the debt via debt validation.

Tell them you are going to send a letter requesting debt validation and as per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you are entitled to a mailing address where to send the request. Don't let them bamboozle you -- look up the act on the web and cite the actual act as support. You are entitled to a written address for solving the situation.

You can search the web for examples of letters to send asking that this company validate the debt they say you owe. Send one of these letters and demand that they validate the amount you owe.

If they cannot validate the debt they are required to remove any notations on your credit report.

Do not talk to them on the phone. Send them a crease and desist letter requiring them to communicate with you in writing (not via telephone). That way you can document any interaction between you and the company.

N-