Complaint Review: National Electronics Warranty

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:hudson New Hampshire
National Electronics Warranty
22660 Executive Drive, Sterling, Virginia U.S.A.

National Electronics Warranty The NO PROTECTION Protection Plan Sterling Virginia

I purchased the protection plan that Toys R Us told me to purchase for my Nintendo DS. Today I had a problem with the console, it would not register the games.
I called the protection plan, they said I needed to call Nintendo directly as it sounded like a manufacturing problem. So I called Nintendo only to be told that it sounded like a game was ACCIDENTALLY put in the slot the wrong way therefor breaking one of the pins.

So I called the protection plan company back (National Electronics Warranty) whom Toys R Us told me would take my address & send me a box to ship them the DS for them to look at). They were rude from the get go!
They accused me of "intentionally abusing & misusing" my game (for $129.99 what purpose would doing so serve me!??)

After speaking with 2 reps AND 2 supervisors (who basically said word for word the same thing like they were reading from a script!) told me that in their terms and conditions the fact that they use "at our discretion" and the words Abuse & Misuse do not follow and descriptive words like "intentional or unintentional" that they can use thier terms & conditions as they seem fit!

I called the Toys R Us Immediate help line 1-800-869-7787 (who were very nice & helpful!!) they said their understanding of this policy that they sell with their products has always been that N.E.W. would cover the problem I'm having with my Nintendo DS so they had to open a case file for corporate & now they said its basically up to a pissing match between them & N.E.W.!

I urge all parents to not purchase any protection plans that are by N.E.W! its not worth the hassle! toys r us is a great company but N.E.W. is the worst company in the world!

Ta2dgurl
hudson, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Electronics-Warranty/Sterling-Virginia-20166/National-Electronics-Warranty-The-NO-PROTECTION-Protection-Plan-Sterling-Virginia-343295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Electronics Warranty