Complaint Review: National Family Solutions

• Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Don — New Braunfels Texas United States of America
National Family Solutions
114 East Haley St. Santa Barbara, California United States of America

National Family Solutions I asked how I could validate that the company was legitimate and I was told that I should probably retain a real lawyer because I was too cautious. I asked if I could verify with the BBB and was told, Santa Barbara, California

*General Comment: Name?

I contacted this site to get help with custody of our Grandaughter. They asked if I was able to give them some of the money today and I told them I couldn't until Friday afternoon. They also stated that I could make payments as low as $59 a month to a maximum of no more than $1300. The man told me he would call me back Friday afternoon to get the money and begin the process. I agreed. By shear fate, my Sister-n-law called and was telling me of a seminar she attended specifically for elderly people pertaining to being scammed. One of the scams was custody help for Grandparents. This caused me to call National Family Solutions back to see how I could verify that they were legitimate. The man I spoke with became immediately stressed when I asked if I could confirm them with the BBB. He then stated, "Well who checks them to see if their legitimate"? I asked if there was some other venue I could use to validate their service and he stated " I think you you need to retain a real lawyer, you are much too cautious." I said, "that certainly sends up a red flag." He said "have a nice day." Then he hung up. Thought someone might like to know about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2012 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Family-Solutions/Santa-Barbara-California-93101/National-Family-Solutions-I-asked-how-I-could-validate-that-the-company-was-legitimate-an-893868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Family Solutions

#1 General Comment

Name?

AUTHOR: SB Investigator - (United States of America)

Did the person you spoke with give you the name of Brian or Matthew? Did they also mention getting you a "case worker"?