Complaint Review: National Fitness Center

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Cynthia — Friendsville Tennessee
National Fitness Center
1644 W Broadway Internet, Tennessee United States of America

National Fitness Center Does not care for the individual, only the company bottom line Internet, Tennessee

My husband wanted to join a health club to loose weight and exercise.  My husband and I joined the National Fitness Club in Maryville, TN on 2/15/12.

On 11/6/12 my husband had his thyroid removed due to cancer.  On 11/8/12 he was to have his first radiation treatment on lesions on his spine due to the cancer.  He step out of the car and before he could enter the building he fell and fractured his hip.  On 11/12/12 he had partial hip replacement.  He was either in the hospital or a transitional facility until 1/22/13.  He could not get healthy enough for physical therapy.

On 1/22/13 he was sent home under Hospice care and is bed bound.  He is unable to get out of the bed and has lost considerable amount of weight.

I am his caregiver.  I have requested that our memberships to National Fitness be terminated.
 The social worker with Hospice has made requests on our behalf.  They cannot seem to find documentation sent to them requesting the termination of membership, which the Hospice social worker has faxed several times.

At this point I do not want to have anything to do with a business who has no compassion for the individual.  I will never step foot in the facility again and I will inform anyone who is thinking about joining how my husband and I were treated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness-Center/Internet-Tennessee-37737/National-Fitness-Center-Does-not-care-for-the-individual-only-the-company-bottom-line-In-1036798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness Center