Complaint Review: National Fitness Center

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 21, 2009

• Reported By:Thompsons Station Tennessee
National Fitness Center
3012 Longford Ct, Spring Hill, Tennessee 37174 Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

National Fitness Center Contract, Customer Service Knoxville Tennessee

In January of 2009 I renewed my gym membership after requesting to continue month-to-month I was told it was unavailable (this was in fact not true). I renewed for three years as I was told this was the only length of time available (again this was not true). I was then laid off at the end of January and have not been able to find employment. As soon as I was laid off I contacted the gym customer service department as I could not longer pay the fees associated.

They told me the only way out of my contract was to pay in full. Since I cannot pay the gym either sum they are now charging me $74.00 a month and hang up on me when I call. I inquired about the thirty day notice certified letter and was told that they will not acept the cancellation unless I pay in full. I have been unable to find work so have no income and they refuse to cancel, instead sending harassing letters threatening suit.

Sarahlyle
Thompsons Station, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness-Center/Knoxville-Tennessee-37928/National-Fitness-Center-Contract-Customer-Service-Knoxville-Tennessee-454089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness Center