Complaint Review: National Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2013

• Reported By: National Fitness VICTIM — Chapel Hill North Carolina United States of America
National Fitness
1645 East Highway 193, Suite 100 Layton, Utah United States of America

National Fitness National Fitness Financial predatory practices, unauthorized charges Layton, Utah

Paid monthly membership via debit card on the phone each month (not automatic draws).  They used that information to make automatic yearly 'maintenance fee' draws without my permission.  THe most recent was for $49 and I only have a few days left on my contract, but they are trying to get a year's worth of main. fees.

Also, I was late one month and got VERY high late fees almost immediately and they threatened to ruin my credit on the phone.

I have called repeatedly to make sure my contract was ending on time with no automatic renewals so in a few days, when the contract if finished, I will confirm again but I expect them to keep trying to charge my card as many hundreds of people have complained about online.

This company needs to be stopped!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/Layton-Utah-84040/National-Fitness-National-Fitness-Financial-predatory-practices-unauthorized-charges-Layt-989561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness