Complaint Review: National Fitness

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

• Reported By: cj2456 — Saint Petersburg Florida
National Fitness
1645 Highway 193 #100 Layton, Utah USA

National Fitness Would not let me speak with a supervisor and was told supervisors don't call back in regard to this matter. Layton Utah

Due to the breach in security at Target, my bank sent me a new card. I just got the card and yesterday gave it to the girl at the front desk at my gym. Go to my gym today and was told that I am behind on my payments and have incurred a $28 late fee charge. Called National Fitness and was transferred to billing and collections. I cannot remember the girl's name that I spoke with but she provided me with terrible customer service. Told her what happened and she said that she could refund half, asked to speak with a supervisor and was told SUPERVISORS DO NOT TAKE INCOMING CALLS ... I have never been told this before with any business...asked to have a supervisor call me and was told SUPERVISORS DO NOT CALL BACK IN REGARD TO THESE SITUATIONS ...I was and still am irate over this! I have worked in billing and collections for Fortune 500 companies and this is not how you treat a customer and a supervisor's job, especially in customer service, is to take angry customers and make them happy (I know from experience)...I have never been late on any fees with them, just didn't want the late fee charge because it was not my fault. I told her that this is ridiculous and will cancel the card so they will not get any money from me, and she put me on hold for a few minutes, spoke with the "supervisor" and said they will waive it as a courtesy....courtesy? This is the right thing to do and should have been a no brainer to waive the fee. This company should not try to take advantage of customers..Obviously their sharks when it comes to money and I will be filing a civil suit against them because this is not how paying customers should be treated!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/Layton-Utah-84040/National-Fitness-Would-not-let-me-speak-with-a-supervisor-and-was-told-supervisors-dont-c-1117197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness