• Report: #842093

• Reported By: Tuner — cambridge Massachusetts United States of America
National Fitness
P O Box 497 Layton, Utah United States of America

National Fitness Unethical Practices Layton, Utah

I got my wife a personal trainer Patrick Curran and a gym membership which I thought was good but has turned into a nightmare. We signed up for 2 months and paid it in advance. We were told that it was month to month and we had 30 days to cancel in writing.  Well, she hurt her back and the doctor told her no gym, that was in Oct 2011. She mailed a letter to the trainer letting him know what was happening and he said he would forward it to the head office (which didn't happen). We were billed for November, so we went to the trainer and he gave another story about getting the letter to the head office by us mail but it would be handled. December comes and we get billed again, so my wife calls the head office. She told my wife that they never received anything from my trainer! They tired to say that "the contract was like a car note, we couldn't cancel it". Then in January 2012 after getting billed again and calling again they said they needed copies of what I sent to the trainer because they still haven't received any paperwork from him. I also had my doctor fill out the company's disabilities form and fax it over to the head office. We also change the credit card information so we could no longer get billed. They sent a letter stating they were trying to reach us with no luck. I called them in regards to the letter that was sent, now that they have all the information requested, they still want more money for a cancellation fee and for the month of Feb. 2012.  I talked to supervisor and she claims that the form was not sent by my doctor's office . Same BS different person! I had my doctor's office sent it again. Never sign up with Pro Fitness in Somerville, MA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/Layton-Utah-84041/National-Fitness-Unethical-Practices-Layton-Utah-842093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness