Complaint Review: National Fitness

• Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Dalton Massachusetts
National Fitness
po box 497 Layton, Utah United States of America

National Fitness continue to bill for 2 years, after I canceled the service. Layton, Utah

2 years after I canceled my personal training membership at Retro Fitness Gym in writing as required per their contract, this company claims never to have received the letter and said unless I can produce the certified claim receipt from 2 years ago, I am out the $5000.00 they billed me as well as the 600.00 more they will bill me for fees and such until they receive my new certified letter.

The only option given was an open ended contract which I didn't want to sign in the first place because it sounded unethical. It indicated that I could cancel with written notice- which I gave them but now they say they never received.

They were not helpful on the phone and would not let me speak to a manager. An ethical company wouldn't do business like this. I see by the amount and vehemence of their complaints that this is par for the course for them. StAY AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/Layton-Utah-84041/National-Fitness-continue-to-bill-for-2-years-after-I-canceled-the-service-Layton-Utah-1044467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness