masses

• Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Tim_12 — Charlotte North Carolina
National Fitness
1645 Highway 193 #100, Layton, UT 84040 , Select State/Province USA

National Fitness Renewed membership and charged for it when "Do not rewew" was checked on my contract. Layton Utah

I signed a contract with National Fitness in January 2012.  My contract was for 2 years and ended at the end of January.  I was shocked when I got a $100 charge on my bank statement for a renewal fee from National Fitness.  When I called and told them I did not renew nor do I want to renew, they said the account automatically renews unless they receive 30 days written notice.  I told them the box on my contract was checked that says "not eligible for renewal."   At this point, they are requiring a written cancellation notice and keeping the $100 regardless of what the contract says.

I hope someone wants to do a class action lawsuit against them, as I welcome joining the ranks against these guys who seem to think they are above the law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/Select-StateProvince/National-Fitness-Renewed-membership-and-charged-for-it-when-Do-not-rewew-was-checked-on-1121128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness