Complaint Review: National Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, June 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: Fayetteville NC — Fayetteville NC North Carolina United States of America
National Fitness

National Fitness Gym Membership Great, Contracts Impossible To Cancel.... Internet, Internet

I loved my local gym, and the customer services was great. However after a few months I had to move, and there was not another gym in network anywhere near me. When I moved I lived with a relative and therefore nothing was in my  name and in order to even consider cancelling my membership the Finance Company for my Gym National Fitness, insisted I send them copies of bills of 3 utilities in my name at the new address.

I sucked it up and they got over $480 from me without providing me services...
I moved back and started up at the gym again since it was a 2 year contract and I still had about 7 months that I could get out of it now that I was back in town. When my contract expired I thought that would be the end of it, but just in case I decided to call in to let them know I was cancelling.

I couldn't cancel over the phone, or email, or even at the Gym that I physically signed the contract at...
They insisted I send a letter of cancellation. I did, I was billed a month after my contract expired anyway. SO I SENT A CERTIFIED LETTER THIS TIME, while at the post office I found a woman doing the same thing and this was her SECOND CERTIFIED Letter she sent to cancel.

I did some research online, at the company has over 660 BBB complaints in just the last 3 years....
I will never enter an agreement with a Gym that does its financing through this company...and would recommend none of you do so as well.

I've also told my 1900 Twitter followers about this, and will post to their facebook and see if they have the guts to leave my post up and let customers see the truth about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/internet/National-Fitness-Gym-Membership-Great-Contracts-Impossible-To-Cancel-Internet-Inter-896302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness