Complaint Review: National Fitness

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: Lilybird07 — SLC Utah
National Fitness
Internet USA

National Fitness I signed up for a membership with a local gym called Square One Fitness. Apperently the gym shut down and I never received any notice before or after it went out of business. I have contacted National Fitness and was told that my membership contract was over. I wanted to cancel my gym membership as the gym was no longer open and had shut down. I've been getting charged a monthly membership for 3 months now and don't want to pay for a gym membership anymore for a club that is no longer open. i was informed that I would have to mail in a letter that stated that i wanted to cancel it and I'm still going to be charged yet another monthly charge for a gym that is shut down until they get my letter in the mail. They would not cancel my membership via fax nor phone so that I would not have to pay another monthly amount for a closed own gym. The staff on the phone was unfriendly AND an willing to cancel my membership even though my contract is up. I have had to go out of my way to cancel with a gym that is no longer in service, I've had to pay for several months of a gym that is closed, and now I can't even cancel the membership whithout going out of my way to write a letter and mail it in. It should not be this hard to get a membership to a gym that is closed down! I should have received a letter, email, or phone call from this company stating that the gym I go to went out of business which I never did. I would like to be cancelled from this membership without having to pay yet another monthly fee for a gym that is closed. It shouldn't be this difficult! Layton Internet

The gym that I have honored the contract membership with has now closed it's doors and I am unable to cancel my membership through this company without having to write a letter and mail it in.  I have been paying for a gym for 3 months now that is out of business.  I did not receive a notice in any form stating  that the gym closed down.  I should not be responsible for paying a membership for a gym that is no loger open.  I should be able to cancel a membership over the phone or fax so that I am not charged yet another membership fee for a gym that is closed.  I contacted this company via phone trying to cancel the membership but they refused to help me and told me to write a letter.  It shouldn't be this hard if the company has closed its doors and I should not have to pay for a gym that has closed down.  I also should have recieved adiquate notice that the gym was closing it's doors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Fitness/internet/National-Fitness-I-signed-up-for-a-membership-with-a-local-gym-called-Square-One-Fitness-1139296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Fitness