Complaint Review: National Floors Direct

• Updated: Thu, December 30, 2010

• Reported By: Jerkedaround — Hebron Connecticut United States of America
National Floors Direct
40 Robbie Road Avon, Massachusetts United States of America

National Floors Direct Horrible Experience - Horrible Customer Service - Horrible Business Practices Avon, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Undeniably the worst experience with a contractor

I paid a deposit on November 6, 2010 for a job scheduled on November 20th. They showed up with the wrong materials to do the job. They needed to glue the tack strip with a specific type of adhesive. One of their crew was laying on my couch while I phoned in my card number. When he was asked to get off the couch he went into the bathroom, without asking, and urinated all over the seat and floor.

They left five minutes later after telling me the office would call me. After an hour, they never called so I called them. They told me they would come back 6 days later and finish the job. They showed up 6 days later, 5 hours after they said they would, with no materials to finish the job. So that crew left five minutes after they arrived.

Four hours of me calling them to chase people down to get some kind of resolution and we came to an agreement that they would return with the right materials the following Monday and finish the job. Again, they send a different crew with the wrong materials to attach the tack strip the following Monday. This time they lied to me and told me that this particular adhesive they preferred to use would set up in an hour and I would be all set. The stuff did not set and the installation manager that showed up to get this done tried to pull a fast one on me saying it was set and they could now install the carpet. Right in front of him I lifted it with one finger. He tried to BS me and just get the carpet in and get out.

After this I threw them out of my house and demanded my money back. They told me that the process takes 4 to 5 days and would begin that Monday. By Friday no refund. I called the office and the two people I dealt with previously are now avoiding my calls. They kept pawning me off to customer service people until finally they tell me the PROCESS won't start for another 2 to 3 days. So, after 3 business days I call again and now they are telling me it will take 7 to 10 business days and that they don't know why someone would tell me it takes 4 to 5 days.

These people have done nothing but lie to me. No company can be this incompetent. They obviously engage in shady practices at best. After three weeks of being jerked around I still have not received a refund. Apparently this is going to have to go to litigation for a simple refund. I will never use this company again and strongly reccommend people do their homework before contracting with anyone. I did not check this company out before hand and really wish I did. There is certainly enough information out there about them to paint a very clear picture of what to expect in regard to service and professionalism.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Floors-Direct/Avon-Massachusetts-/National-Floors-Direct-Horrible-Experience-Horrible-Customer-Service-Horrible-Busines-669385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Floors Direct

Undeniably the worst experience with a contractor

AUTHOR: Jerkedaround - (United States of America)

Today is December 30th. To date I have received only 70 percent of my money from these crooks. After jerking me around for three weeks for a 4 to 5 day process of refunding the debit card transaction I finally got something out of them.

The 30 percent deposit check I am still waiting for that was supposed to take 15 business days has yet to arrive. Today marks the 24th business day and still no check. I called these people December 10th and was told the check was mailed out. Nothing.

I called on the 16th and was told I should have seen it by now. Called again on the 21st and was told the same thing. Called again on the 27th and was told that the holiday mail probably slowed it down and I should see it in a day or two.

Yesterday, the 29th,I called their customer service again and was told that the check is supposed to be maild out today. These people have no problem telling you flat out lies just to get you off the phone. Horrible company, horrible customer service, and so far every person I dealt with either in person or over the phone has been caught lying to me. Not just one or two people, Frank the installation manager, Frank - extension 1945 from customer service, Sasha from customer service, John - extension 1971 Senior Sales Rep, Sales person Brian Wilkins, Steve from customer service, everything the installation guys told me contradicted what the office told me. All the other customer service people I did not get names from as well.

Every step of the way these people said one thing and did another. Avoiding calls, not calling back, telling me I would receive a call from someone and never bothering to call. Like I said before this entire company is shady at best.

Do your homework before calling this company. There are multiple complaint sites with multiple pages of complaints against these people. If you are considering doing business with these people do yourself a favor first. On any search engine, google, bing, etc, type in [National Floors Direct complaints] and see what comes up.

Not multiple complaints, but multiple sites with complaints against them. The Boston Better Business Bureau has almost 400 complaints against the company.