After researching past companies affiliated with Ken Hollowell and his National Franchise Services, much has been revealed of late. Apparently, Hollowell's m.o. has been the same for close to 30 years. Basically, Ken Hollowell gets in the good graces of his potential victims, gains their absolute trust, then proceeds to slowly and methodically take over their entire business operation. This ruse is done with a combination passive aggressive approach, starting with his strong and false confidence in his own abilities to deliver what he claims to be able to. It works like this:
1. Once you allow him to become CEO of your company or some other board position, he carefully crafts the appointment of his own henchman. He likes to get at least two cohorts of his to act as friendly board members. Watch for this first "red flag."
2. Once he gets all the papers signed he then begins telling you that you have been running your business all wrong, even if you have been successful for decades. This is done so that you place all of your assets into his control. By assets we mean your entire business contact list. After all, he can't raise a million dollras for you without it. Another red flag.
3. A few months may go by and you might ask Ken, "Hey, where is all that money you promised you were going to raise?" If you paid Ken his so called "consulting fee" to retain his services, then you have already lost thousands at this point. If his answer is: "Well, those contacts you provided to me didn't pan out," then you are seeing only the beginning of the long and awful nightmare to follow.
4. After about 6 months of zero return on what you paid him, if you confront him here is what you are going to get:A tooth gritting anger explosion from him. This is not pleasant to witness and most are quite frightened by Ken's demeanor and usually succumb to his threats. DO NOT DO THIS! This is how he gets control of people's lives and businesses and leaves only devastation in his wake. Do not allow his 6'5" and 250 lb. body intimidate you. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
5. If you wish to ignore these simple advisory points, then just try this. Ask Ken to provide at least three individuals that he has raised his "million dollar PPM" for. If he tells you that he can't or won't because of concerns for their privacy, he is telling you a big fat lie.
I know all of these things because this man, Mr. Ken M. Hollowell almost destroyed an entire community with his business antics in 2007. Had he kept his WRITTEN PROMISES to me, or anyone else for that matter, all of us would be his greatest mouthpieces and endorsers. I would have no problem letting anyone call me and ask if Ken raised me a million dollars, because if he had, I would shout his name from the highest mountain proclaiming his greatness. Unfortunately, Ken Hollowell is a complete fraud and this will be my final warning to all here on Rip Off Report. I say to all who take the time to read this. Steer clear of this culprit.
Hermosa Beach, California