Complaint Review: National Furniture Co.

• Submitted: Fri, September 15, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 15, 2006

• Reported By:Newport North Carolina
National Furniture Co.
155 NorthPoint Ave, High Point, North Carolina U.S.A.

National Furniture MFG Co. ripoff false advertising High Point North Carolina

On April 12, 2006, I placed an order with the subject company.

When I made the order, they told me that I would receive the order within 12 weeks. A 50% deposit was required up front to complete the order. I mailed them a check and within three days, they cashed the $900.00.

In July I started inquiring as to the status of my order. Claudia (sales clerk I believe) said she had to contact the company that actually makes the furniture. She promised she would call me back once she found out the status. She never called. I called her a second time and I encountered the same result. I called her a third time and expressed my dissappointment with their service and I requested to cancel my order and to refund my $900.00.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bereau of Greensboro, NC. The BBB couldn't get High Point to respond so they closed the case. I called the BBB and asked why, their response was that they didn't have any legal authority to take action.

My next course of action is to file a complaint with the State of North Carolina. (Consumer Protection Division of Attorney General Roy Cooper) I am going to exhaust all means necessary before I have to spend money. Considering the amount, hiring an attorney would probably cost me as much as my requested refund. I hope this website gets the attention of the right person for action.

Newport, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2006 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Furniture-Co/High-Point-North-Carolina-27265/National-Furniture-MFG-Co-ripoff-false-advertising-High-Point-North-Carolina-211256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Furniture Co.