• Report: #198943

• Submitted: Fri, June 30, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 12, 2006

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
National Furniture Manufacturing
155 Northpoint Ave High Point, North Carolina U.S.A.

National Furniture Manufacturing Company A MAJOR RIPOFF! They took my order - then took my money . THEY HAVE MY MONEY - I HAVE NO FURNITURE! High Point North Carolina

*Author of original report: National Furniture Company - RESULTS

*Consumer Suggestion: i would go there in person

*Author of original report: 7 months and still no furniture - National Furniture Manufacturing - North Carolina

This company was so easy to deal with when they wanted to get my order. They called, they emailed, they returned calls. When I finally decided to make a purchase they said that I would have to send them 50% of the purchase price, CHECKS ONLY. This should have been a red flag!

When I placed my order I was told it would take 10-12 weeks for the furniture to arrive. When I called after 12 weeks said that it would be arriving in another couple of weeks. Status: After over 16 weeks NO FURNITURE has arrived.

I have called and called, left messages, sent email - and even sent a fax with a copy of the receipt. I was told the owner's name, although I am very skeptical that it is real.

WHEN YOU TRY TO COMPLAIN-
1)You will have to speak to "Claudia" (the same person who is ALWAYS available and ALWAYS happy to talk when you place an order).

2) You will not have your requests for phone calls, emails, or faxes returned.

3) READ THE FORM CAREFULLY! On the back it says furniture can "take up to 36 weeks to arrive" - DO NOT BELIEVE THE 10-12 WEEKS!!!! That is 9 months, I wonder if that is too far out to try to collect the money.

I doubt the validity of this company, I have not had any success with them.

Sandy
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2006 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Furniture-Manufacturing/High-Point-North-Carolina-27261/National-Furniture-Manufacturing-Company-A-MAJOR-RIPOFF-They-took-my-order-then-took-my-198943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Furniture Manufacturing

National Furniture Company - RESULTS

AUTHOR: Leilani - (U.S.A.)

We finally got our furniture delivered and in the most excellent shape. It was an extremely long and arduous process, but we are quite pleased to have a resolution on this effort.

We did save a LOT of money buying this specific furniture with this company, but I believe it took a lot longer receiving it than it might have had we gone to a bricks/mortar place.

Their customer service did improve after replacing Claudia with Denise.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

i would go there in person

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

hello - this may be a little off-base, but i would take a road trip to High Point and go to the address you have on file ( mapquest or google it). talk to someone in person. it may be a long drive, but the good side is that you get to see way better furniture shops in high point !

hth

AUTHOR: Leilani - (U.S.A.)

It's been 7 months now, complaints filed with the BBB, the Attorney General of NC- and still nothing. Waiting... waiting... waiting. If anyone has any advice on where to go from here, please follow up.