Complaint Review: National Geographic Magazine

• Updated: Sun, October 21, 2012

• Reported By: Brian — Los Angeles California United States of America
National Geographic Magazine
P.O. Box 62130 Tampa, Florida United States of America

National Geographic Magazine paid the asking price . . . then rebilled for additional amount Tampa, Florida

National Geographic Magazine sent a solicitation to me via US Mail, inviting me to subscribe to their magazine. The cost was $12 for 12 issues. I read the offer carefully. There we no additional charges mentioned. Weeks later, National Geographic is billing me for an additional $3.95 for "SHIPPING AND HANDLING". To date, I've receive two letters asking me to pay the "outstanding" amount. National

Geographic named their price and I paid it. To follow up later with an additional charge is a sketchy business practice and I have no intention of sending them any additional money. Given this experience, I can't imagine a circumstance where I would ever again subscribe or purchase anything from National Geographic. Their behavior is a turn-off. I wonder how much it will cost National Geographic for each mailing they send, trying to squeeze this additional money from me.  In this digital era, where print publications are struggling for market share and relevance, I can't image this to be a winning strategy for National Geographic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Geographic-Magazine/Tampa-Florida-33662-2130/National-Geographic-Magazine-paid-the-asking-price-then-rebilled-for-additional-amo-957944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Geographic Magazine