Complaint Review: National Geographic Society/Magazine

• Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Judy — Linville North Carolina United States of America
National Geographic Society/Magazine
PO Box 63001 Tampa, Florida United States of America

National Geographic Society/Magazine Offers Subscription for $12.00 and then bills for additional $3.95 Tampa, Florida

It's the principal....$3.95 is not going to change my life style. As another poster who experienced the same bait and switch.....It would have been easier to pay the $3.95.

I called the Tampa office & told them I didn't appreciate the bait and switch. They put me on hold and came back & said the $3.95 was removed.....No reason stated, no apology, no kiss my foot!

National Geographic.....don't you know sales 101 #1 reason for people doing business with any company is they either trust or like you? .....Forget about the trust, much less integrity with National Geographic!

After this subscription is up, I've already told my husband if he wants to read National Geographic he'll have to go to the public library!

I bought the National Geographic cd set for my husband for Christmas......There will not be another $ spent from this household for ANY National Geographic product or service!

In fact, I will spread the word on National Geographic billing tactics to anyone and everyone AND on other internet sites which relate to unethical business practices......Rest assured, I will be more than compensated for my time this bait and switch with the satisfaction of alerting others about these tactics!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Geographic-SocietyMagazine/Tampa-Florida-33663/National-Geographic-SocietyMagazine-Offers-Subscription-for-1200-and-then-bills-for-ad-699607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Geographic Society/Magazine