Complaint Review: National Grid

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: Richardc85 — Gloversville New York
National Grid
Newark, New Jersey USA

National Grid, Nick (badge # 127050), Sarah Rude, Rip people off, Newark New Jersey

I called National Grid to get put on a payment plan because my bill got really high throughout winter, and i could not afford it. I am a Disabled vet on a set income. To include all other bills i have to pay them to have electricity, because they are the only electric company in New York State. There are other suppliers but all billing and services come from National Grid. I called the Collections Dept. to try and fix this issue with a payment plan but they wanted over $800 to be put on one i told them i can not afford that. They refused to try and help me in any other way so I asked to speak with their supervisor and they began to argue with me over it. Then they said i was being Arguemental and hung the phone up on me. I had to call 3 times to get someone to finally help me and give me options on how to help fix my bill. In my opion we need a new company so National Grid no long has the monopoly in this state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Grid/Newark-New-Jersey/National-Grid-Nick-badge-127050-Sarah-Rude-Rip-people-off-Newark-New-Jersey-1162243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Grid