Complaint Review: National Hair Centers

National Hair Centers
5828 N. 7th Street Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

National Hair Centers Scam Phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Making Sense

*Author of original report: Absolutely false

*UPDATE Employee: Our ongoing commitment to our customers

This company advertised a reduced price for a hair transplant with Groupon. I purchased the Groupon and made an appointment. I was informed by Dave that National Hair Centers will not honor the Groupon unless I purchased another 1000 grafts at the regular price. There is nothing in their advertisement or Groupon voucher that states that a customer must purchase at least 2000 grafts for the voucher to be honored. This deceptive advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Hair-Centers/Phoenix-Arizona-/National-Hair-Centers-Scam-Phoenix-Arizona-943594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Hair Centers

Making Sense

AUTHOR: National Hair Centers - (United States of America)

First let me say that on behalf of NHC I apologize if your experience was anything less than a positive one.  As for my reply not making any sense, maybe I can better explain our philosophy regarding hair transplants.  First let me say that in no way are we misleading nor attempting to mislead anyone.  We have been doing this since 1975 and have tens of thousands of very satisfied customers.  We have also clearly answered the questions posted on Groupon about this special which includes stating that there is a requirement to purchase additional grafts.  There is no deception and we are not hiding behind any false pretense.

In regards to my previous explanation of why we feel you were not a good candidate for the special.  First the special is based on being a candidate for a transplant.  We define a transplant as one that provides the necessary coverage to ensure a positive outcome.  In your particular case doing only 1000 grafts would not provide that kind of coverage nor would it have produced a positive outcome in our opinion.  In your case we stated then that you would be entitled to and have since receives a full and complete refund.

There are some hair restoration companies who will certainly provide as many or little grafts as you would like not caring whether or not the outcome is adequate and or complete and those companies are simply into it for the money only.  We on the other hand hold ourselves to a much higher standard than those companies and it is why we have an over 98% client/patient satisfaction rate among our clientele.

Let me end by restating my apologies if for any reason your experience with one of our consultants was not a positive one.  In the end, regardless of what was said then, I am telling you now that it is our opinion that you were not nor are not a candidate for just 1000 grafts.

All the best

Absolutely false

AUTHOR: ED - (United States of America)

The rebuttal doesn't even make any sense. If someone is qualified for 2000 transplants then why wouldn't that person also be qualified for 1000? No one there told me that I was not qualified for 1000 grafts. What was said is that I would have to purchase an additional 1000 grafts for NHC to honor the voucher. The person who attended me was very unprofessional and did not bother to explain anything and just stated "do what you have to do." So I am taking his advice. Buyer beware!

Our ongoing commitment to our customers

AUTHOR: National Hair Centers - (United States of America)

Dear Sir...

Hair transplantation is a surgery.  Like all medical procedures, must be performed after careful consideration, based on the strictest protocols and the highest standards of the profession.  It is an awesome responsibility and one that National Hair Centers takes very, very seriously.

We have not, and will not, perform a procedure that we know will produce less than adequate results and not live up to our clients expectations.  We would rather "turn a way" a prospective patient and return their money, than perform a procedure that will not provide adequate hair coverage and ultimately be considered to have produced poor results.

Most prospective patients understand and appreciate that these quality and ethical standards are  are in place for them.  On rare occasions, such as this one,  a patient wants us to perform a surgery where the end result will not provide the hair coverage that is necessary and will become disappointed when told that we will not perform a procedure, that in our judgment, would not create optimum results.

We understand this disappointment.   But, we also understand, based on decades of experience, that this disappointment is nothing compared to "living with" an inadequate, unnatural looking hair transplant that can effect one's appearance for years to come.

The Groupon clearly stated that the offer was valid if the prospective patient was determined to be a candidate after an evaluation by a National Hair Centers team member.   On a regular basis we perform 1000 graft procedures for patients who are evaluated to be a good candidate for only 1000 grafts.  In this particular case, however, it was determined that you were not a good candidate for only 1000 grafts.  The progression and extent of your hair loss was such that you would require up to 2,000 grafts for an effective transplant result. After it was determined that you were not to be a candidate for the offer, your money was promptly refunded in full.