Complaint Review: National Headquarters And Identification Center, National Awards Commission

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 10, 2005

• Reported By:nocona Texas
National Headquarters And Identification Center, National Awards Commission
Department Of Public Relations And Award Confirmation Plaza Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

National Headquarters And Identification Center, National Awards Commission I had plans on going to school with that! Thanks for the false hope! RIPOFF Kansas City Missouri

National Awards Commission National Headquarters and Identification Center

A couple of weeks ago, I entered something that i had written about my mom's death and how i was doing dealing with it, into a contest and the person that was supposed to win the contest was supposed to receive $5,000.00. The fraudulent letter that I got from PAUL BISHOP, stated that I had won $5,000.00 dollars so naturally I assumed it was for what I wrote! It asked for a $11.89 to cover the sending fee for either the lump sum of $5,000.00 or 4 installments of $1,250.00.

So I got the money order for $11.89 and filled out the next page and then i sent it in. My husband wanted me to have it delivered the next day because the letter stated that I had 7 days to reply. I honestly should have seen it coming, because the letter that was sent to me with no date in the middle of the stamp indicating when it had been received by the post office. There is NO phone number, NO e-mail address, and NO fax number! The date that I received the letter was either sept, 6-7. almost 10 days after it was supposedly mailed at 9:30 in the morning!

I got really excited when I read that letter because i've been wanting to go to nursing school for so long, it's the only thing i've ever wanted to do, and for nursing school to be an LVN the entire course costs about $5600.00 and I thought that with that check
all I needed was $6-700.00 and I'd be set, NOW, I'M BROKEN HEARTED! I did have $11,000.00 saved up for me to go to school to be an RN a couple of years back, but I had an accident and totaled my truck so I had to use my college money to pay the total amount of the truck I have now. So when everything else was said and done, I had no money left to go to college on. So I started having to work 2 jobs just to try and stay afloat.

With one job, I would pay all my bills, rent, etc. and with the other job I started saving my money all over again, so I could go to school, as I had planned and I found out that my aunt was taking money out of my account, because I had an account with them at this time! So, I've got to start all over AGAIN!

I am more than deserving to go to school. I've been working since I was 15 for this, hard times hit, and then I get a letter saying that I'm going to get close to the amount I need to go to school, and it's a fraud!!

Thank you Paul Bishop! It's people like you that make dedicated people like me question if I still want to be committed to a career that requires me to be compassionate and so willing to do whatever I can to improve the quality of life for those who are hurting! A clear conscience makes a soft pillow; so I do not hate you like you probably expect.

I will embrace this as a lesson and move forward with my life as if i had never received the silver-lining letter you sent to me! However, what goes around comes around and you too, will receive yours someday! And for that, I will leave in God's hands!

nocona, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2005 11:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Headquarters-And-Identification-Center-National-Awards-Commission/Kansas-City-Missouri-64116-0692/National-Headquarters-And-Identification-Center-National-Awards-Commission-I-had-plans-on-156668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Headquarters And Identification Center, National Awards Commission