Complaint Review: National Health Care Discount - NHCD

• Submitted: Fri, December 15, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 15, 2006

• Reported By:Lawrenceville Georgia
National Health Care Discount - NHCD
1122 Pierce St. Sioux City, Iowa U.S.A.

National Health Care Discount - NHCD Ripoff DON'T GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT EVER!! Sioux City Iowa

Stupidly purchased a pre-paid year of a dental discount program for $119.00 in 8/22/05, giving my auth for an electronic check.

The 'plan' turned out to be dismal, saving literally only one or two dollars, so I made my own plan and determined to decline any renewal offer. But none ever came.

In November I reconciled my checking account and noticed a recurring amount, $10.92, that had reference numbers that were not in the series of checks I was using. Further investigation showed that between 5/1/06 and 11/14/06, 9 electronic drafts had been randomly forced through my checking account by no other than NHCD.

Their initial response was that the 'monthly' draft was done as a 'convenience' to me. That's all well and good, I said, except; a)I rarely if ever consider theft to be convenient, b)I did not intend to renew, c)the drafts were hardly monthly and in fact at times two weeks apart, and d)since my plan did not expire until August, why did drafting begin in May? I demanded the drafts stop immediately, and followed this with a fax, repeating my request and demanding repayment of the STOLEN funds, totalling approx. $100 within 10 days. No response.

My bank reimbursed me for 60 days worth of these charges, the agent's attitude chiding me that I had not reported this sooner, and apparently I'm on my own for the rest.

My loss thus far is only $80, and the hassle of changing bank accounts, but the simple principle that anyone at any time can just draft money from my account at will and then is so unscrupulous as to ignore my reasonable demand for repayment irritates me to no end! They were probably laughing their heinies off all the way to the bank with my money as well as that of countless others. THESE GUYS ARE COMMON THIEVES!!!!

But they have not heard the last of me. Their website specifically states them a 'proud member of the BBB of Atlanta, GA'. We shall see.......

Lori
Lawrenceville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2006 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Health-Care-Discount-NHCD/Sioux-City-Iowa/National-Health-Care-Discount-NHCD-Ripoff-DONT-GIVE-ACCESS-TO-YOUR-BANK-ACCOUNT-EVER-225660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Health Care Discount - NHCD