Complaint Review: National Healthcare Discount

• Submitted: Sat, March 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 11, 2006

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
National Healthcare Discount
6520 W 110th ST. Suite 202 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

National Healthcare Discount Thought I was on the Road to Sucess, and was going to have a Good Job Overland Park Kansas

I filled out an application with this company (NHCD)A week ago and was called the next day and was hired the day after. I was scheduled for an orientation class which I sat on the phone with about 15 or 16 people. I listened to them for about 35min on how good the company was OK!!!

After I did that I was emailed information on trainning class and how to download the packet. On this call like the other we only had about 35min to read our packet and ask questions, that was our trainning, one phone call and you are set. I recieved an email from my manager and an access code1010# for long distance calls that I payed $19.95 for and was told $18.95 was my part of the bill. They said if you needed help call the manager that they assigned you. That dosent always work the managers ripp and run so you may not get help you need when you need it.

You have to call 25 people who are elderly and try to sell a savings plan. Most of them was not interested, they hung up on you(Which is Expected), disconnected numbers, lived alone and their children did not want them making decisions on their own, and some did not even remember calling NHCD and was still not intrested. You are not payed if you dont make a sell. How can you make a sell and pay a phone bill when this is what you get. I thought I had found something good I really needed work.

I checked in with my list but did not get another 25 people the next day after I told them I was going to work. I asked to terminate my employment the next day, after this I was emailed these instructions.

SECURITY DEPOSIT

We do collect a $19.95 security deposit. This security deposit is refunded back to you provided you meet the following requirements.

1. You do not use the business long distance access code for personal use.

2. You complete your 100 presentations.

Requests for security deposit refunds are to be made at the end of thirty days in writing to:

NHCD

Attn: Telecommunications Dept.

6520 W. 110th Street Suite 202

Overland Park, KS 66210

Please provide your first name, last name and telephone number(s) on your request. Requests for refunds will not be accepted if request is received prior to thirty days or if the request is made via telephone, fax or email. Upon approval, your security deposit refund will be issued by check and mailed from our home office in Sioux City, IA within 30 days.

I dont think I can get my deposit back I didnt do 100 presentations. But i hope this will help someone who is contacted by this company.

anonymous
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2006 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Healthcare-Discount/Overland-Park-Kansas-66210/National-Healthcare-Discount-Thought-I-was-on-the-Road-to-Sucess-and-was-going-to-have-a-180627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Healthcare Discount