Complaint Review: National Healthcare Plan Aka Discount Family Health Care

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, September 24, 2003

• Reported By:Charotte North Carolina
National Healthcare Plan Aka Discount Family Health Care
PO Box 47651. Atlanta, GA 31146-7651 Nationwide U.S.A.

National Healthcare Plan aka Discount Family Health Care ripoff, liars, talked to 7 people who all knew nothing. Did not report that I had canceled 20 days ago, all contacts abusive. Atlanta GA Internet and Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Saved Me Money

I signed up with this company because I have no coverage. No one will accept me because I have Epilesy. First they were fine, 'no problem', we can do that for you', etc. When I received my package and insurance cards (does that not signify acceptance? I found out that neither my neuroligist nor my psychiatrist were on the plan, even though I was assured they were. Because the medications from each doctor must interact, this was very important to me.

So, on June 6, I called and cancelled, and the person I spoke with was very nice. Today, I received a message from Cindy at 883-353-9828 letting me know (again?) that I was excepted into the plan, which I had cancelled. I called right back, but she was gone, and I was put through to seven different obnoxious individuals who all new absolutely nothing about me or the policy.

I hold a PHD in Computer Science, and am not used to minimum wage. They're doing nothing to help me, but instead just trying to make me feel stupid when I informed them that this little runaround was going nowhere. The arrogant and obnoxious (last) person I talked to actually caled me an 'as#$h*o@e' before I hung up. Even if he made anything near my 6 figure income, there is no reason for his abusive and unbelively stupid remarks. I would immediately fire a rep in my Customer Service department if they did such a thing. I have found the name Adam Buggart ar 800-719-7888 ext 114 - using the web site healthcareplan.com

Susan
Charotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2003 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Healthcare-Plan-Aka-Discount-Family-Health-Care/nationwide/National-Healthcare-Plan-aka-Discount-Family-Health-Care-ripoff-liars-talked-to-7-people-61050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Healthcare Plan Aka Discount Family Health Care

Saved Me Money

AUTHOR: Burt - (U.S.A.)

I purchased this plan in May 2003 from Adam B . It was $79.99 a month which was great since I have a pre-exsisting condition. On May 24 I tripped on the sidewalk and broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. The total bill was $4830 for all of my treatment. So after paying $80 I just saved $4500. The total cost to me was a $200 deductible. I didn't think that was too bad. The prescription savings were great when I used the mail order, I saved $142 a month on my medication. I recommend this plan to people who either can't afford health insurance or can't be covered. It worked well for me.