Complaint Review: National Healthcare Solutions

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2008

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
National Healthcare Solutions
nationalhealthcaresolutions Internet U.S.A.

National Healthcare Solutions Money scam that promised a refund from the Social Security Administration Internet

Today is January 23, 2008. During the holiday season in 2007, I was contacted via cell phone from a number that listed on my caller ID as only a 4-digit number. Upon answering the call, the gentleman informed me that he was with the Social Security Administration and I would be receiving a $3000.00 rebate.

I was caught off guard by the call, and I began an inquiry of how I had been chosen, how my phone number had been obtained, and what funds I would be responsible for to receive this rebate of $3000.00.

The gentleman assured me that I would not be required to pay any fees, that the refund was to be paid to me as a result of my paying into social security. Each time I would ask a question, he would interrupt me mid-sentence by stating the amount of $3000.00 and that it I would be given a confirmation number to take to my bank to allow me to withdraw the funds after 3:00 p.m. that day.

The gentleman informed me that he would be transferring my call to a representative who would need to verify my information, I would then be given a confirmation number for withdrawal of the funds. He asked me to stay on the line after the verification was completed. He stated that there might be a period of silence, but instructed me not to hang up, as he would be back on the line quickly.

I was told that a list of questions would be posed to me and my responses would be recorded. I was asked for my account number, social security number, mother's maiden name, address, and phone number. As I said, I was caught off guard by the call, so I gave the information as the questions were asked.

Following the recorded information, I was given a confirmation number, experienced a brief period of silence and then the original gentleman came back on the line. I continued to ask him about the specifics of the rebate and if I would be charged any fee. He again assured me that the money would be available after 3:00 p.m. When I began to ask further questions, I was interrupted by the gentleman and the call was disconnected.

I was suspicious, so I immediately contacted my bank. They were aware of scams such as this, and they placed a hold on my account. After several days of no activity on my account, I had the hold removed.

I am continually monitoring my account. Weeks have gone by since I received the "rebate" call. I never attempted to retrieve the funds from my bank, as there had been no such $3000.00 rebate posted to my account.

I thought I had dodged this scam. As I stated earlier, today is January 23, 2008. Early this morning, I placed a call to make a debit card payment on my Son's braces. After giving my debit card number, I was told that the card had been declined. I had checked my balance online the previous day and knew that there had been sufficient funds to cover the transaction. I called my bank and was told that a withdrawal of $299.99 had been electronically sent through my account by NHS. The bank gave me the toll free number listed on the transaction.

I phoned "NHS." The individual answering the phone, answered "customer service." I asked what service they provided. They asked for my phone number. After looking up my phone number, the operator stated that I had joined their organization and approved them to withdraw funds from my account. I angrily informed the woman that I had not at any time given permission for any company to withdraw funds from my account, most definately not a company named "NHS." She then proceeded to inform me that they had a tape recorded authorization given by me over the phone.

The moment I heard the words, "tape recorded," I realized that the scam I thought I had dodged was now in effect.

Julianna
El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2008 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Healthcare-Solutions/internet/National-Healthcare-Solutions-Money-scam-that-promised-a-refund-from-the-Social-Security-A-302623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Healthcare Solutions