Complaint Review: National Heating and A/C, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, January 16, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: Jerome — Largo Florida
National Heating and A/C, Inc.
2650 Enterprise Road, Suite C Clearwater, Florida USA

National Heating and A/C, Inc. Bryan Henderson, Presiden tMark Henderson, Manager Refused to honor Warranty Clearwater Florida

Subject:   National Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing

2650 Enterprise Road, Suite C

Clearwater, Florida 33763

The above subject Company has steadfastly refused to honor a Contract that was signed by both parties and specifically states the Warranty as it applies to the Heat Pump System. The following outlines the chronology of the events that took place.

On Feb 20, 2008 I purchased a Central A/C Heat Pump System from the above subject Company. At the same time I also received a two (2) year Service Contract with the same organization. On the Install contract document that I signed and the seller signed it is stated in hand printing and noted with an asterisk (*) the following and I quote:

There is no indication or notice of registration requirement. I was never instructed or told that it was my responsibility to register the system. There was no registration card or document to fill out in order to register the system. Indeed I have no access to any information that may be required to register the system, such as the Model Numbers or Serial Numbers on either the outside compressor unit or the inside air handler. This information is however readily available to the seller.

I have had a service contract on this system since day one and continue to have one through March 2014. Service has been performed on the system every spring and every fall save 2012 when only one service was performed.

On Oct. 24, 2013 I placed a service call for a problem with the system. Service tech diagnosed a faulty Heat strip and it was replaced the next day along with a faulty Fan Control Board. All parts were covered under warranty and I paid for the labor ($175.00).

I subsequently placed a call to schedule the Fall tune-up for Nov. 7, 2013. While the service was being done the Compressor suddenly stopped running. The service tech could not get it to start again. The tech placed a call to his boss regarding the problem, sent him the info via text and voice messaging. The tech received a return call from his boss and was told there was no warranty coverage. I then showed the contract specifying the warranty information to the tech. He relayed this info to his boss and the tech told me his boss was on vacation and the tech would contact me that afternoon with the part ordering information and schedule the install of the compressor.

I was never contacted that Thursday afternoon. Nor was I contacted the next day Friday or that weekend.

On Monday, November 11, 2013 at about 09:45 AM, I called National Heating and asked to speak with the Manager. I was told by Sara that Mark was on a conference call and that she would put a note on his desk to return my call. At about 2:40 PM I again called National Heating, and this time I was told that Mark was out in the field but that he had a note on his desk to return my call. As of this date, Thursday 01/16/2014, I have not heard from Mark or anyone else from National Heating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Heating-and-AC-Inc/Clearwater-Florida-33763/National-Heating-and-AC-Inc-Bryan-Henderson-Presiden-tMark-Henderson-Manager-Refused-1116144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Heating and A/C, Inc.